How Do I Make Just A Little Bit Of Rkt ...

Baking By emiyeric Updated 4 Feb 2010 , 5:08pm by emiyeric

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 5

of RKTs? I want to make just a very very small amount (maybe one cup total of RKT mixture) for a topper on my cake, but I can't quite get the right proportions out if I just cut the recipe down (you know, I'd end up with 1/7 of a tablespoon or things like that). I'm not comfortable with RKT (as silly as it may sound) like I am with cake, so I don't know how to translate a smaller amount into fewer ingredients. Any suggestions for just one cup total of RKTs?

4 replies
jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 5

I keep a box of the little debbie (or similar brand) on have for this exact occasion.. They are individually wrapped and will last a long time in the cupboard.

mandymakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandymakescakes Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 5

If I only need a little bit (and don't want to eat the rest of the pan myself), I cheat and buy the snack size RKT from the grocery store. They have a long shelf life, are packed 1/4-1/2c portions and are easy to mold. I believe I find them with the cereal bars, even though they are more of a snack item.

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 5:05pm
post #4 of 5

It would have never occurred to me to buy the little snack ones...now I feel stupid! I hate, hate, HATE making RKT and will do anything to avoid it. Since I never need more than a little one, this is a perfect idea!

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 5

GREAT idea! Perfect! I'll go out and get one right now. I love making buttercream and fondant and baking the cakes and getting all up-to-my-elbows in gumpaste ... but I HATE making RKTs. Especially for such a small quantity. Thanks so much, cake buddies!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%