Creating A Chocolate Transfer Question......need Help!!!

Sugar Work By KsCakes09 Updated 14 Feb 2010 , 1:34pm by KsCakes09

KsCakes09 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 4:38pm
post #1 of 5

I don't know much about transfer sheets so this might be a silly question.
Is there a way to create your own chocolate transfer sheets from your own picture?? I have a design that someone is requesting being put on chocolates. Or is their another way to acheive it? PLEASE HELP....any suggestions will be much appreciated!!!! thanks.

4 replies
swes001 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 12:14am
post #2 of 5

i know you can use acetate sheets but i cant find any long ones anywhere...i bought some over head projector paper which is the same but its only a4 size....i presume its the same principle as the transfer sheets design your picture on the acetate with cocoa butter leave to dry then spread tenpered choc on it ??

KsCakes09 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 5

thanks swes001. Do you mean draw freehand w/ cocoa butter???? I'm certainly not an artist, so that would be a chanllenge. I've never worked w/ cocoa butter before so have no idea where to begin. HELP!!

swes001 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 5

im not sure myself but i have seen it ona website not that good free hand either!!!!!! you could always pipe choc in a diff colour b4 putting the other stuff on ....or use candy melts???? are you in the states ?

KsCakes09 Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 5

Shelly, I actually found a place to buy acetate sheets (12 x 1icon_cool.gif ....a company called Pfeil & Holding, you can find them online @

I guess I could try to trace a design in cocoa butter....where do you buy cocoa butter anyway??? I was thinking maybe putting a transfer sheet on the chocolates & then hand piping the words over that.....wonder how that would look. I always have a hard time piping words in usually is too runny. Any suggestions? I guess I'll just have to mess around with it a bit!! thanks for your help. Yes I'm in the states....East Coast!

Quote by @%username% on %date%