Ice Cream Cupcakes Question??

Baking By CAKE_NEWBIE Updated 6 Feb 2010 , 7:24am by blessedist

CAKE_NEWBIE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKE_NEWBIE Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 3:45pm
post #1 of 6

Hi Ladies i am making ice cream cone cupcakes for my sons bday on saturday. I wanted to know how far ahead i can make them. can i make them and frost them tonight? will they still be fresh (not dried out) by saturday, or should i make them tonight and frost on friday night for the party on saturday afternoon? Has anyone done these before? any help would be great.

Thanks icon_lol.gif

5 replies
Kim2925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim2925 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKE_NEWBIE

Hi Ladies i am making ice cream cone cupcakes for my sons bday on saturday. I wanted to know how far ahead i can make them. can i make them and frost them tonight? will they still be fresh (not dried out) by saturday, or should i make them tonight and frost on friday night for the party on saturday afternoon? Has anyone done these before? any help would be great.

Thanks icon_lol.gif

I have made ice cream cone cupcakes and I made them the night before (baked and icing) and they were just fine. You should be okay with your timeline

Kim2925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim2925 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKE_NEWBIE

Thanks icon_lol.gif

I have made ice cream cone cupcakes and I made them the night before (baked and icing) and they were just fine. You should be okay with your timeline

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 6

I made them recently and read on here that they get soggy after 2 days. I wasn't able to test it out because they were gone quickly.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 6:50am
post #5 of 6

My experience is soggy REALLY quick----- like half a day. OK, so it's Texas. If I had it to do again, I would do really last minute...

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 7:24am
post #6 of 6

I make them a lot for my god-daughter and they do get soggy fast. That sticky residue that cakes can get.....make sure you don't put them in an air tight container b/c I've found that the cone gets soft as well that way. I've learned to bake late the night before and set them on a cooling rack and ice a few hours before needed. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%