Camo Cake

Decorating By BlackFlour Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 8:09pm by tatorchip

BlackFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlackFlour Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone have any helpful hints or tips on how to make a camo cake? I saw some pictures where people used buttercream piped in and then the viva method. How do you keep the others from crusting while you're filing in the rest of it? I use Sugarshacks buttercream recipe, and it crusts within about 15 min or so. Is there a fondant way to do it? Thanks for any tips and suggestions!!! thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
Jenbud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenbud Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 7

I haven't done one yet, but will be very soon. I have found a way to do it with fondant on denascakes.com under her demonstrations. She goes into detail of how she does it. It looks like real hunting camo!

anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 7

I took 3 different colors of fondant and then tried to mold them togehter ina camo pattern. I have it posted under military cakes. Good luck

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 7
BlackFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlackFlour Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 8:20pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you guys so much! And thanks tatorchip for that link for the buttercream tutorial!

thecookieladycc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecookieladycc Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:54am
post #6 of 7

I actually just did one not to long ago. I made mine with a chocolate collar. Just used a couple different shades of green chocolate melts, black chocolate melts and reg chocolate. The cake its self was camo too. I really like how it turned out. There should be a pict of it in my photos.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 8:09pm
post #7 of 7

I forgot to mention that tutorial is by jammjenks, she was so kind to share. Thanks again jammjenks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%