Mini Topsy Turvey?

Decorating By noahsmummy Updated 4 Feb 2010 , 9:05pm by noahsmummy

noahsmummy Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 11:27am
post #1 of 4

Hi,

my little sister has asked for a topsy turvey cake for her birthday... only problem is.. we will only be serving about 10 people... ive looked at the tutorials and everything (this will be my first one) and THINK i should be able to manage?? (its ohk if i stuff up.. its my sister.. haha, so im safe.. phew) any way.. my predicament is.. most topsy turvey look like they cater to a fair few people.. i only need to cater for 10, and i hate waste, so i dont want to make a massive cake and see most end up in the bin. I was thinking of maybe just doing two tires, but my sister really wants at least three... should i just tell her shes dreaming? or do you think its possible?

thanks heaps..

3 replies
pattycakesnj Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 12:16pm
post #2 of 4

Try a 4, 6 and 8 inch though that will still give you too much cake. Also I like my TT cake to have a 3inch difference in tiers but I have done it with 2 inch. I think it is harder to work with smaller cakes but it would be a good way to practice the technique. good luck.

anamado Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 12:21pm
post #3 of 4

Of course you can!
I made one once! http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1186852
And because it's little, I did not use any dowels to hold the different tiers icon_biggrin.gif

noahsmummy Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 4

thanks heaps. =) i found a topsy turvey that used a cupcake as the final tire.. so i might give that a whirl think. amando, yours was very cute! loved the colours.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%