1St Wedding Cake Jitters !!!!! Help!!!!!!

Decorating By cakefusion Updated 3 Feb 2010 , 10:47pm by cakefusion

cakefusion Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 4

Hello to everyone,
I am a newbie to the posting world, but have enjoyed CC for about a year. Here is my dilemma. I have accepted an order for a Valentines themed wedding cake on next Saturday. Here is a pic of what the bride wants.

1. What is the best type of tiering structure to use for this type of cake?

2. What is the best way to secure the flowers between the layers? (we will be using silk roses)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Signed,
Nervous in Nashville icon_cry.gif
LL
LL

3 replies
sugarMomma Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 4

Looks like you can just wedge the flowers in as long as the opening between layers is not so large they would fall out. Just arrange them on-site. If you definitely would like to secure them you can use a block of floral foam to stick the stems in.

2508s42 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 4

You can use push in pillars and assemble the cake on site, or you can use stacked construction with styro squares that are smaller than the cake above it and put the flowers around them. (still assemble on site)

I would have the flowers arranged (because they are silk) on the tiers and then set up each teir as I got there. Does that make sense?

cakefusion Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 10:47pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the responses.

2508---I totally get what you are saying. I had flash in my mind about adhering the flowers ahead of time. I think that I will try that.....gulp...I am so nervous.. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%