Kind Of Stumped

Decorating By Lenette Updated 3 Feb 2010 , 4:06am by Bel_Anne

Lenette Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 3:26am
post #1 of 7

I have been asked to do a cake to celebrate the 25th anniversary of a local group of business women. I don't want to do anything generic if I can avoid it but don't have any cool ideas either.

They don't need a very large cake, only about 30-ish people to serve. Their colors are blue and white mostly but they may not care what colors, I'll have more details on that tomorrow.

Can anyone think of anything? I thought about a briefcase that I could somehow make feminine? Or something to symbolize a woman juggling work, home, family, etc? Appreciate anything ya'll can come up with. TIA!

6 replies
noahsmummy Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 3:47am
post #2 of 7

what sort of business are they in? i was thinking a briefcase too.. maybe you can make it in their colors or something? im not sure.. maybe google images of feminine breifcases? lol sorry, ive never owned a breifcase.. but i assume there would be some sort of one marketed at women? maybe?

pearlydi Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 3:47am
post #3 of 7

Here is a cake from Pink Cake Box, I know yours is not that big, but you can get some ideas.

Lenette Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 3:50am
post #4 of 7

They all work in different types of businesses in different capacities. There are secretaries, financial planners, real estate agents, entrepreneurs, loan officers, etc etc etc

I want to do something interesting but they may be getting their logo on a cake cuz I got nuthin'.

Lenette Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 3:54am
post #5 of 7

WOWSER! That is some cake!! Thank you for the link, that sure would knock their socks off huh?!?

Maybe if all of it isn't edible? That way I can work on it more ahead of time. Of course, I have no idea how to even start on something like that... icon_wink.gif

That was a good one, may be biting off more than I can chew. icon_biggrin.gif

tesso Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 3:57am
post #6 of 7

I really like the briefcase idea. how about a briefcase that is open? You could have folders, cellphone, blackberry, pens.. then on the open top part you could have what looks like photograph of the kids or make it look like a child did a drawing for mommy's work area... something like that.

Bel_Anne Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 4:06am
post #7 of 7

You could do an open, pink laptop with their logo.... or even pics of them as the screen.... (done using an edible printer). Or just something related to them and their business open on the screen... and maybe a 'cute' business diary (small cake, too) next to it...

Quote by @%username% on %date%