Making A Cake For Someone In A Popular Rock Band....yikes!!!

Decorating By LoriMc Updated 3 Feb 2010 , 10:16pm by Deb_

LoriMc Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 11:47pm
post #1 of 17

Somebody asked me to make a bday cake for the bass player in Paramore and now I have a major case of the nerves! I wish they guy hadn't told me who it was. lol

Sorry I'm going all teen girl on you. I'm sure there are tons of people on here who have made cakes for way famous people, but this is the first time I've gotten close to anything like that!!!!

Silly me...it's only a sheet cake.

16 replies
Rylan Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 17

Congrats! My partner used to listen to their music all the time. He loves them.

Good luck with the cake.

LoriMc Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 17

I love them too!

My niece just screamed in my ear for 30 seconds on the phone!! lol

adventuregal Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:10am
post #4 of 17

They are a pretty rockin' band icon_smile.gif Thats really awesome and remember-don't get all perfectionist on yourself because your cakes are great and in my experience even if we see a minor flaw in our design-everyone will fawn over it anyways! I made a cake this weekend that had one tiny flaw that I was obsessed over until my mother pulled me aside and told me "its only you and those cake central girls that would ever notice!"
She was so right icon_smile.gif
Good luck and hopefully you get to meet the band!

mamawrobin Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:14am
post #5 of 17

Wow..what an awesome opportunity! Can't wait to see your cake, I know it will be awesome thumbs_up.gif . Lucky you icon_cool.gif .

LoriMc Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:17am
post #6 of 17

Seriously it's just a sheet cake because they are having a superbowl/birthday party. They just want a football field and some fondant figures of him and his brother. I guess they share a bday.

mamawrobin Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:21am
post #7 of 17

Ok, it's just a sheet cake. But I've seen your cakes and sheet cake or not I'm sure it will be fabulous.

Deb_ Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:48am
post #8 of 17

I'm so old....I don't know who this group is icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

LoriMc Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:56am
post #9 of 17

They are most known for their big song in the Twilight movie, but they have tons of other good stuff.

kikibakes Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 2:40am
post #10 of 17

Awesome! Can't wait to see it! icon_smile.gif

Mensch Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 6:45am
post #11 of 17

I make cakes for celebs all the time. Don't be nervous. They're just people. They put their pants on one leg at a time and their poo smells bad, just like everyone else's.

madgeowens Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 7:34am
post #12 of 17

Well I don't make cakes for celebrity, and think its AWESOME for you Lori....good for you....love Twilight too...........congrats on a cool order!!!

ayerim979 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 7:47am
post #13 of 17

All I can say is that you know you are going to do a great job. Because I just went thru some of your cake pics and your cakes are very very nice. So you have nothing to worry about.

noahsmummy Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 8:12am
post #14 of 17

feeling very jealous of you right now! lol.

im sure you will do great tho! good luck!

momma28 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 2:23pm
post #15 of 17

I have done cakes for 2 very popular Christian bands for a Radio Station sponsored concert and was very nervous. They turned out to be lovely people and loved their cakes. It was a blast. You are very talented, you will be fine and your cake will be a huge hit im sure icon_smile.gif

Caths_Cakes Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 2:36pm
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb_

I'm so old....I don't know who this group is icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

im not even 21 and i dont know who they are hahaha!

Deb_ Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 10:16pm
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caths_Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb_

im not even 21 and i dont know who they are hahaha!

Oh good you just made me feel so much better! icon_lol.gif

Good luck OP, your cakes are great you'll do fine!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%