Princess Cake And Cookie Emulsion Questions.......

Baking By ThreePrinces Updated 10 Feb 2010 , 4:49am by ThreePrinces

ThreePrinces Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 6

Several questions:

1.) When making Rhonda's Ultimate Fondant (my favorite!), do I add this instead of the vanilla or instead of the lemon extract? Or in addition?

2.) Would my regular run of the mill all butter buttercream taste good under the fondant with the Princess emulsion? Should I add more emulsion to that instead of the vanilla or almond extract?

3.) Would this emulsion taste okay with a white cake with added vanilla yogurt?

This is going to be a 3 tiered cake for a special event next week, I was just asked to make it rather last minute. They've requested white cake. I've had this emulsion for a little while now but haven't gotten to use it yet, my last 3 requests lately have been for chocolate cake with ganache. Excited to try this emulsion but not sure about it since I"ve never used it.

5 replies
bbmom Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 6

I've used the princess bouquet in WASC and also in my buttercream, it was great.

frankdiabetes Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 6

I used the Princess Cake and Cookie Emulsion for the first time in a batch of cookies last weekend and to be perfectly honest, I didn't care for the flavor at all. I only used 1/4 teaspoon in a fairly large batch of cookies and it was very pervasive to me. I am a sensitive taster, but my husband has a tin palate and will eat anything (not an insult to him per se, but I privately think that his tastebuds have been deranged by a lifetime of his mother's cooking) and he thought it was overpowering as well. Just my opinion but if you haven't used it before I would be wary about adding too much!

ThreePrinces Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you for the heads up, Frank! I will surely keep it in mind.

Does anyone know the answer to my question about when to add it to fondant?

Texas_Rose Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 3:33am
post #5 of 6

I would add it instead of the lemon extract. It has a strong lemon taste to it. It will make a citrusy buttercream, so don't add it to the buttercream if all your customer wanted was vanilla. I use it in my buttercream when I'm making orange or lemon cake but not usually otherwise.

ThreePrinces Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 4:49am
post #6 of 6

I added it to the fondant and then a tiny bit to the buttercream. It was a hit, delicious! A little bit goes a very long way. Thank you all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%