Cheap Customer General Vent

Decorating By costumeczar Updated 3 Feb 2010 , 12:35am by costumeczar

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 6

Another person emailed that $250 for a 3D golf bag cake that would be made out of two 11x15 sheets (about 70 servings) "seems to be too expensive." I am so tempted to send her a picture of the Wilton golf bag shaped pan and ask her if that was what she was thinking of instead of a 3D one. She said she was going to look around some more, so good luck with your $50 cake that you eventually buy, lady! icon_lol.gif

5 replies
sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 10:56pm
post #2 of 6

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

cplfernandez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cplfernandez Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 6

buy one of those cheap plastic kids toy golf sets, fill the plastic "golf bag" with your cake scraps and call it done. that's a bit overdone for $50, but hey let's be generous!

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 11:44pm
post #4 of 6

My latest "cheapo" is a bride I met with a few days ago for a consultation/tasting. She came with a cake picture in hand for me to duplicate which was very detailed to say the least with plenty of gum paste flowers. This cake was to serve 350 people (they are inviting 450 people but only expect 350 to attend). When I asked her what their budget was, like a 10 year old she said she "forgot". I said "Really? How can you forget what your budget is??" Later in our conversation she informed me that they have a max budget of $400.00. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif It was all I could do to keep from bursting out in laughter. I think I may have snorted a little though, in my attempt to hold back. She sure could find enough $$ to have Texas Roadhouse cater it though, not to mention the venue etc etc. Sheesh, some people. REALLY??!! Thank goodness I charge for tastings!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:12am
post #5 of 6

That is totally crazy, cause that is asn excellent price.

And in defense of brides who say the don't know their cake budget, I said the same thing. Why? Cause it was only $400 and I didn't want the person to be limited with my budget on ideas,as I knew full well I was willing to pay more...even though the $400 bride is a NUT!!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:35am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane706

Later in our conversation she informed me that they have a max budget of $400.00. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif It was all I could do to keep from bursting out in laughter.

Ha ha, I DID burst out laughing when I read that! You have more self-control than I do!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%