Uk Sugar Creation Stores ???

Decorating By Stina Updated 3 Feb 2010 , 7:54pm by mckaren

Stina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stina Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 10:17pm
post #1 of 5

Hey UK!!!!

My family will be touring the UK this summer and I wanted some suggestions on any sugar craft stores that would be a must for me to visit. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

4 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 5

easy - find a internet cafe! well, its not that bad, but i think in comparison to america (i assume?) we will not live up to the shops.

theres not much the uk has that you cant find in america. apart from karma sutra cookie cutters - http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/8780193/Kama-Sutra-Cookie-Cutters/Product.html

at least, not in edinburgh. two shops in town which i have used, and are good, and one out in dalkeith - but of course, cheaper online for most items.

theres a good shop (or at least, their web site has a lot of good stock - especially recommend their gumpaste!) in oxfordshire.

in comparision to other parts of europe though, the uk will come out really well. even our supermarkets have fondant, fairly decent decorations, boards, a lot of good basic bits and pieces.

where are you heading to? you might get more responses then, if people know you are in their area.
xx

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:00am
post #3 of 5

If the [Blocked] is to do with cake decorating stores there is one in the North East of England called design-a-cake. It is one big store devoted to cake supplies. They also have a web site, which is the name with co.uk.

welcome to Blighty icon_lol.gif

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 8:17am
post #4 of 5

also, lakeland are a nationwide store, for all household things, but they have a fairly decent cake decorating section.
xx

mckaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mckaren Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 5

Hi, i don't know of any specific shops that are a must. In my city the shops near to me aren't amazing. icon_sad.gif

What you could do is look on www.yell.com and type in the name of the places you're going to. That should bring up a few shops for you to visit.

Sorry I can't be any more help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%