Jennifer Dontz Fondant

Decorating By cylstrial Updated 3 Feb 2010 , 2:45am by mamawrobin

cylstrial Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 16

Hi everyone!

I keep hearing all of these wonderful things about Jennifer Dontz' fondant. I was wondering how I get the recipe? Do I buy it from her?

Thanks!

15 replies
Loucinda Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 16

The recipe is on her DVD's. (which are wonderful!)

Peridot Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 16

You have to buy her DVD to get the recipe. I use her fondant all of the time and have had great success using it. She is also very helpful and if you do decide to buy the DVD and then make the fondant she is more than willing to help you if you have questions.

tiggy2 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 16

I've also had great success wit her fondant and her DVDs are very good. I buy other things from her and the customer service is out of this world.

cylstrial Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 16

Ok - sounds good!

What's your favorite DVD of hers?

SandiOh Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 9:44pm
post #6 of 16

I have "the easy and tasty way to perfect fondant" and her new flower arranging one. I recommend both, and personally will buy all of them. The fondant is phenomenal.....and I wholeheartedly mean that. It rolls so thin and doesn't tear as easily......will never go back to anything else.

ncox Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 9:48pm
post #7 of 16

Has anyone tried using different brands of fondant and chocolate than she uses in the DVD? I would have to order the brands she uses and was wondering if anyone has tried using others. Thanks!

Rylan Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 9:57pm
post #8 of 16

Ncox, I have use Nestle chocolate chips and fondX. It was great.

tatorchip Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 10:04pm
post #9 of 16

I love her fondant and dvds, I don't regret getting them at all. She is super nice and answered all of my questions.

dstbni Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 10:11pm
post #10 of 16

I just received "Fun with Fondant and Frills" and had to immediately watch it straight through. It's full of such great tips. The way she makes pearls and accents is amazing. I can't wait to try!

raquel1 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 11:02pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstbni

I just received "Fun with Fondant and Frills" and had to immediately watch it straight through. It's full of such great tips. The way she makes pearls and accents is amazing. I can't wait to try!

Is the fondant recipe in that dvd as well or only in the "easy and tasty way to perfect fondant" one? I'm on a budget as far as cake decorating supplies go...
And another question, can you use mff as a base for her fondant? I'm sure it has been asked but I couldn't find it detective.gif TIA!

dstbni Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 11:17pm
post #12 of 16

The recipes for her fondant, pearl clay, and candy clay are all on the Fondant & Frills DVD. I haven't made any of them yet so I don't know if MMF would work. Maybe someone else will chime in.

raquel1 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 11:20pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstbni

The recipes for her fondant, pearl clay, and candy clay are all on the Fondant & Frills DVD. I haven't made any of them yet so I don't know if MMF would work. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

mamawrobin Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 11:28pm
post #14 of 16

At the moment I can only afford to buy one of Jennifer Dontz dvd's. Which one should I order first? I'm really anxious to get the receipe for her fondant, is that offered in all of her dvds? Thanks.

Peridot Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 2:36am
post #15 of 16

Then get the Fondant & Frills DVD as that is the one with the recipe and also has a lot of great tips for using fondant to decorate your cakes. The recipe is only offered in the one DVD that I mentioned.

mamawrobin Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 2:45am
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot

Then get the Fondant & Frills DVD as that is the one with the recipe and also has a lot of great tips for using fondant to decorate your cakes. The recipe is only offered in the one DVD that I mentioned.

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. I've just been waiting for a reply to place my order.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%