Rhonda's Mmf Question And Yes I Looked For The Answer:)

Decorating By sillywabbitz Updated 3 Feb 2010 , 4:47pm by Loucinda

sillywabbitz Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 11

I hate to ask another mmf question but I can't seem to find the answer on here. I am planning on using Rhonda's mmf recipe which uses 15 oz of marshmallows. Can anyone tell me how much fondant that actually makes? I need to figure out how many batches I'll need to make.

Thanks in advance.

10 replies
Win Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 11

Gosh, I hate to say it, but I've never weighed it. I did however just make it last week and it covered a 9x13x4 as well as a 8x8x4 with enough left over to sufficiently cover at least another 8x4 inch cake. I doubt that helps you much...

Loucinda Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 11

It makes about 3 lb. of fondant. (depending on if you use the entire amount of p/s)

Melchas Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 11

I just made a batch. It weighs 3lbs and I think makes 4-5 cups? HTH

sillywabbitz Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 7:18pm
post #5 of 11

Thank you! Thank you! That is a huge help. I'm going to do a trial run this week before my important cake in a couple of weeks.

tannersmom Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 7:29pm
post #6 of 11

I love how you posted; "And Yes I looked for the answer" to freaking funny!!! LOL

sillywabbitz Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 9:15pm
post #7 of 11

tannersmom, I always feel bad when I post questions that I know are answered out there somewhere so I wanted to let everyone know I triedicon_smile.gif

tannersmom Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 1:59am
post #8 of 11

Honey, I understand. Seems to be alot of attitude going around on CC lately. Don't worry about it. Ask your questions, if someone wants to answer it they will. They don't have too if the question has been repeated over and over and over. Thats their choice. I always look first and if I can''t find what I'm looking for than I ask. There are alot of nice people up here. Ask away. I'm sure you'll get some help.

Loucinda Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 2:26am
post #9 of 11

sillyw - I don't know what source you are looking at to know how much fondant to make for your cake. I just wanted to let you know I used the wilton one for a big cake I did in December, and it was way off. It said I would need 18 lb. and I had about 7 lb. left over. I think they count on folks rolling it pretty thick.

sillywabbitz Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 1:35pm
post #10 of 11

I was going to use the chart on Global Sugar art. I did a google search for how much fondant. I'll have to compare it to the wilton chart tonight and see how off the two are. Thanks for the tip. As a hobbyist over making stuff is really wasteful for me.

Loucinda Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 4:47pm
post #11 of 11

You're welcome - and good luck! Post pics when you are done. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%