Making Chocolate Fondant?

Baking By King-Girlz Updated 2 Feb 2010 , 5:59pm by hynest

King-Girlz Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 5

I recently needed to make some black fondant and was told the best way to achieve this was to start with brown chocolate fondant. To make chocolate fondant you were supposed to remove 1 cup of icing sugar from the recipe and replace it with 1 cup of cocoa.

I did this...what a mess! It was crumbly, could not mold it together. When I finally got a small amount together and rolled it out it was dried out and fell apart everywhere?

Any suggestions on how to make a great chocolate fondant?

4 replies
AverageMom Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 5

I wish I could help, but really I am looking for the same answer. My chocolate fondant was fine until I tried rolling it out. Then I had the same problems as you. It had absolutely no stretch to it, and would not go on the cake.
On the up side, it tasted fantastic!

susanscakecreations Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 5

Sorry to hear you had such trouble............there is a recipe here called Rhond'as Ultimate Chocolate MMF, and it is AWESOME!!!!!
The first time I made it, it had me tastes just like a Tootsie Roll, and is soooooooooo easy to work with!!!!
Try it, you'll be amazed!!!!!!! icon_wink.gif

dailey Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 5

add melted chocolate to your fondant instead of cocoa. i've always had butter luck doing it that way...

hynest Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 5:59pm
post #5 of 5

I use red, blue and green in equal amounts to get black. I did this with the mmf and it was perfect. Acheiving a nice bright red however seems impossible! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%