Flower Cutter Veiner Sets

Decorating By vandru10 Updated 3 Feb 2010 , 6:01am by vandru10

vandru10 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 6:39am
post #1 of 7

I want to invest in a couple sets of flower cutter and veiner sets and I do not know what kind to get...any suggestions? Also, is the wilton gumpaste flower kit worth it? And what are the most basic sets I should have?
Thank you guys!

6 replies
cherrycakes Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 7

After lots of research on this site I finally ordered 3 different sizes of the JEM 5 petal rose cutters (the pink ones) and a JEM #12 veining stick which will apparently save me from needing to buy specific veiners. I have the Wilton gumpaste kit and the only thing I've used so far are the small 5 petal blossom cutters but others have recommended that kit as a good place to start out.

TexasSugar Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 3:24pm
post #3 of 7

What kind of flowers do you want to do?

LateBloomer Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 7

I agree with cherrycakes about the rose and the small blossoms. However, I like working from a real flower, pulling it apart and making my own templates. It gives you much more freedom with size variations. You can also use a real leaf and even some petals to vein. I put some tape over a mealie (corn)leaf pressed it in a book. This works very well with straight lines.

Rylan Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 7:25pm
post #5 of 7

Check out Scott Clark Wooley's website. His cutters are really affordable and good quality. I would say you materials for hydrangeas and roses.

Here are hundreds of tutorials. There are more tutorials in between pages.

agconner Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 2:53am
post #6 of 7

I think that the wilton set is great but not really for $35, but if you get a coupon for a craft store then its a great deal. I just got a 60% off coupon for michaels.

vandru10 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 6:01am
post #7 of 7

Thank you all! I went ahead and bought the wilton kit at hobby lobby with a 40 percent off coupon and got it for 14 dollars! I am for sure going to order some of the veiners and cutters from Scott Clark Wooley's site too! I just have to convince my husband that I NEED them! LOL!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%