Jonas Brothers Guitar Template Help...

Decorating By cakesbygrandma Updated 2 Feb 2010 , 2:41pm by tab_stout

cakesbygrandma Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 4:08am
post #1 of 3

My granddaughter is turning 7 this month and just loves the Jonas Brothers she is having a Jonas party and wants a Jonas brothers guitar cake. I have no idea where to start with this cake (not that great of a decorator). Does anybody have a templete for that type of guitar and any tips on maybe carving it. Any suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for the help...

2 replies
eatdessert1st Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 2:25pm
post #2 of 3

When I did a Hannah Montana guitar I found a pic and enlarged it in my photo program. I had to print it out on 2 sheets of paper to make it the right size. Then I used the body of the guitar as a cutting template from a 9x13 cake. Used mini loaf pans to bake cakes for the arm of the guitar and then used fondant to decorate it. I used my clay gun to extract strings and painted them w/ silver dust. There's a pic in my photos of the HM guitar if it'll give you some ideas. I googled Jonas brothers guitar and found an image but you can find another one that might suit you better:

Melanie Mc

tab_stout Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 2:41pm
post #3 of 3

I love this Jonas Brothers Cake. I tried to made one similar to it, but I'm not that great of a decorator, so it didn't turn out quite as well.
One tip I have is maybe making a template out of cardboard or something in the shape you want it, so you get exactly the shape you want for the cake. I didn't do that and wish I would have. and for the long part of the guitar I used styrafoam covered in fondant and put two dowel rods in it and then inserted the other end of the dowel rods into the cake. I used 2 tooth picks to hold up this part so it was level with the cake, and I used thread for the stings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%