Need Help Fast From Fellow Wilton Instructors!

Decorating By mommyto4 Updated 2 Feb 2010 , 9:20pm by cylstrial

mommyto4 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 3:23am
post #1 of 5

So this is the first year I've been a Wilton instructor and I'm trying to do my taxes. First off they are taking 1/3 of what I made in taxes which makes me made, but now I need a "principal business code" since Hobby Lobby pays me as an independent contractor and I don't get a W-2, but do get a 1099-Misc instead. I NEED to know QUICKLY what is the "principal business code" PLEASE! TIA!


4 replies
Loucinda Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 5

You might have better luck posting in the business section - and put something about taxes in your title. I know there are several accountants that decorate too!

cylstrial Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 2:19pm
post #3 of 5

I could also use that info. Just so you know, they always take 1/3rd of your money for taxes. They do that, even if they are taking your money out when you get your pay check.

The bad news is that now we have to pay it back! Yeah!! (So not yeah).

mommyto4 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 8:07pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks Loucinda, I have now posted it where you suggested.

Cylstrial, I know that's standard it's just hard to see it all go at once. I don't notice it as much gradually throughout the year, but it's terrible when you're using Turbo Tax and you see that tax meter just drop like a stone.

cylstrial Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 5

Yeah - it sucks. I guess I'll go try to find your other post, in case people respond.
Thanks for starting this thread.

Quote by @%username% on %date%