Wrapping Fondant????

Decorating By Bella-cakes Updated 8 Feb 2010 , 6:49pm by hluterbach

Bella-cakes Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 2:51am
post #1 of 4

Hi! I would like to make a cake using two different color fondants, one on top and another wraped around the sides. I would seam it together with some type of edge, but I was wonder if I can do this? If any has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks so much!!

3 replies
jayne1873 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 2:06pm
post #2 of 4

If you cut a circle of fondant for the top (use your cake tin as a guide) stick this in place then cut a long strip that will fit around the side. Roll this up after first covering it will a tiny bit of icing sugar so that it doesnt stick to itself and then place on side of cake and unroll round the cake. Hope that makes sense.

Bella-cakes Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 9:00pm
post #3 of 4

thank you!!

hluterbach Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 4

actually i would do it a little differently as to not have a seam on the side of the cake. i would cover it all in the color you want the sides to be and then put a circle of fondant on the top of the other color. whatever you are doing for the trim should cover the edge of the circle top and will look fine. this way you avoid the seam you would end up with if you wrapped the sides with one strip of fondant. just how i would do it.
heidi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%