Need Advice From New Hampshire Licnesed Home Bakers

Business By aundrea Updated 2 Feb 2010 , 12:55am by aundrea

aundrea Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 11:58pm
post #1 of 8

i heard that new hampshire allows you to be legal home bakers without the need of additonal kitchen. you can use your common kitchen.
is this correct?
if so i have a few questions i hope can get answered-
1) do you need to be a home owner or can you rent an apartment?
2) are you allowed to bake and decorate from your home and sell?
3) what dept do you contact in new hampshire to inquire about being a legal home baker-ive tried a few websites and cant seem to get my questions answered.
and any other info you (whoever is replying here) think i might need to know would be greatly appreciated!!

7 replies
mommicakes Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 12:07am
post #2 of 8

Check the sticky at the top of this topic forum. There might be the link there. Sorry I couldn't help more.

aundrea Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 12:10am
post #3 of 8

yes i did - and saw that new hampshire does allow you to be a licensed home baker- but cant seem to find who i need to contact to get more information.
i thought if someone here is from NH and licensed i might be put into the right direction.
im from connecticut and not too familiar with NH.
thanks tho for the tip!

mommicakes Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 12:15am
post #4 of 8

This is the address that you should be able to get the information that you are looking for. If the website isn't clear enough, I'm sure that there is a phone number on the site somewhere.

Good Luck.

aundrea Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 12:30am
post #5 of 8

im also curious from licensed home bakers in NH- how you went through the process. i apologize for all the questions- this is the only place i know that i will get honest answers.
thanks again.

mommicakes Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 12:41am
post #6 of 8

Are you relocating to NH if so, what part of the state? I only know of a couple decorators in NH, but hopefully someone will see your post questions and be able to help.

aundrea Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 12:54am
post #7 of 8

i am considering it-for alot of reasons. and if i do, i would like to learn more about getting licensed. im really more of a baker than decorator. i would look in the lower part of the state. like keene- that area. thats why i would love to get info from others who have or are doing it now.
the big problem i have is leaving family here-but i will only be 2 hours away. not too bad.

aundrea Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 12:55am
post #8 of 8

......i hit submit too fast,
if you know licensed bakers/decorators from NH could you ask if you could pass my name onto them and maybe we can chat about their expierences.
i dont mind if you give them my name and they can PM me.
thanks again thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%