Stress Free Cake Supports

Decorating By ginsum Updated 4 Apr 2013 , 8:31pm by Deb2013

ginsum Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 10:17pm
post #1 of 29

I am thinking about purchasing the Stress free cake support system because someone recommended it. Before I invest in it, I wanted to get other opinions from others who have tried it. Please let me know your thoughts!

28 replies
metria Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 11:01pm
post #2 of 29

bump! i'm interested too.

kse Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 29

I love them!!! And I just faxed an order for another set. The name "stress free" fits!

Mug-a-Bug Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 12:22am
post #4 of 29

What is this?? I've never heard of it? icon_confused.gif

ginsum Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 1:00am
post #5 of 29

Go to www.weddingcakesupports.com or earlenescakes.com and you can find the information about them.

sweetcakes Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 4:51am
post #6 of 29

i have 2 sets, love them. When you do get them make sure you know their true replacement cost for each piece including shipping so you can collect enough deposit to replace them if they dont get returned. Even though they in no way look disposable i had one event place say they threw them out, or misplaced them, more like someone took them. I have my name and phone number on the rings clearly visable once the tiers are removed. yet they still disappeared.

TammyH Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 4:15pm
post #7 of 29

I have a set and LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! I also invested in a small torpedo level (sp?) to make sure the legs were exactly level. If you do tiered cakes, I think those 2 things are worth the investment. I also got the 4 inch and 3 1/2 inch legs. one if the best cake-investments I've made. icon_smile.gif

HTH
TammyH

PS Make sure to get a deposit for these when you do cakes! They are expensive...

jenmat Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 4:26pm
post #8 of 29

me too. love them. Easy to use, easy to clean. Pricey, but not unbelievably so. Makes the cakes feel really sturdy, and adjusts to whatever height you need, as long as you have long enough legs. I have 3.5", 4" and 7" legs (for cakes that need flowers in between.)

ginsum Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 3:02am
post #9 of 29

Thanks for the input! I think I am going to order a set real soon!

Mug-a-Bug Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 5:27pm
post #10 of 29

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif I am def going to purchase this!! I did my first wedding cake last week (5 tiers) and delivered it with 4 stacked, it was shaking like a jello tower in the back of my suv. I was so scared, but refuse to use SPS again. Thanks for posting this!!

Can someone explain how the legs on this work? Do you cut them? Are they reusable? Thanks. thumbs_up.gif

jenmat Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 5:53pm
post #11 of 29

The legs are reuasable and screw into the steel ring. You buy sets of them. Arlene (the lady who offers them) can make recommendations depending on the average height of your tiers.

Mug-a-Bug Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:13pm
post #12 of 29

Thanks. The legs are adjustable within a range???? Are the legs supposed to hit the rings in the cake below? Is it hard to line them up? Sorry for all the questions, but I have never heard of this and am very interested in using it on my next stacked cake. Thanks all thumbs_up.gif

cakesbybert Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:36pm
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mug-a-Bug

Thanks. The legs are adjustable within a range???? Are the legs supposed to hit the rings in the cake below? Is it hard to line them up? Sorry for all the questions, but I have never heard of this and am very interested in using it on my next stacked cake. Thanks all thumbs_up.gif




There is about 1/2' or so of adjustment on the legs - just screw them on more or less for adjustment in height.

The legs do NOT hit the rings in the cake below - they are not made to do that. The legs go into the cake through to the cake board it is on, the stainless steal rings sits flush with the top of the iced cake.

jenmat Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:39pm
post #14 of 29

Check out the website at www.wedding cake supports.com/ (but all one word)
and you can see a demo. Again, Arlene can give you guidance in how much and what to purchase.

Mug-a-Bug Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 7:21pm
post #15 of 29

icon_surprised.gif And I can still use a center dowel!! I am ordering this for sure! Thanks! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

sugarshack Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 7:36pm
post #16 of 29

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

easy, sturdy as a concrete building..... LOVE them.

we used them in our UCo cake and it was 5 feet tall!

tyty Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 7:43pm
post #17 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mug-a-Bug

icon_surprised.gif And I can still use a center dowel!! I am ordering this for sure! Thanks! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif




Yes you can still use a center dowel. I have a set and I love it. They say you don't really need a dowel, but you can if you feel more comfortable.

Auntie_RaRa Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 12:15am
post #18 of 29

I absolutely love these!!! When I first started, I can't cut straight with a darn. When I heard about this system I just had to get them. I have two sets and my deposit cover the cost to replace plus shipping. Brides get these back to me. Never had to replace them. I don't use a center dowel frod, but I set up my cakes on site. My nerves can't handle driving with a stacked cake. It was even great for a cake that had flowers between the tiers. Good luck!!

Mug-a-Bug Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 2:15am
post #19 of 29

Okay, so why does everyone love SPS so much?? icon_confused.gif This seems WAY better. icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 3:14am
post #20 of 29

SPS is a fraction of the cost of the stress free system (which is very expensive - but worth the investment)

mireillea Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 11:11am
post #21 of 29

I much prefer SPS due to the lower costs. I charge the costs of the system to the customer and they can keep it. No hassle with returns. And it works perfectly: very sturdy.

DianeLM Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 2:48pm
post #22 of 29

I love my SFS too. I use a center dowel for my peace of mind.

In addition to charging full replacement cost (including express shipping) as the deposit amount, I give the client a postage paid Priority Mail box along with the cake. After the cake is gone, she just rinses off the equipment, throws it in the box and drops it at the post office. Works great!

cakesbybert Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 4:20pm
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

I love my SFS too. I use a center dowel for my peace of mind.

In addition to charging full replacement cost (including express shipping) as the deposit amount, I give the client a postage paid Priority Mail box along with the cake. After the cake is gone, she just rinses off the equipment, throws it in the box and drops it at the post office. Works great!





What a great idea!!!! thumbs_up.gif Also love my SPS!!!

tirby Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 1:59pm
post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshack

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

easy, sturdy as a concrete building..... LOVE them.

we used them in our UCo cake and it was 5 feet tall!




I had no Idea you used these...Never saw them in the videos I bought! I have had mine for a long time and love them. What do you use as a "plate" inbetween the tiers when doing a buttercream cake?
The 3/16 foamcore? I would like to deliver a few cakes fully decorated but would also love a center dowel.. using the wooden and plastic boards dont allow for this. What EXACTLY do you do?? (I know that there are boards available for the stress free stands)
And but the way LOVE the videos!!

Mug-a-Bug Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 4:09pm
post #25 of 29

I would also like to know what you would use between your tiers. I hate cutting out foamcore icon_sad.gif

CarolAnn Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 4:40pm
post #26 of 29

The legs are made of a white acrylic that looks nice enough if it shows between tiers. They screw onto threaded posts on the bottom of the rings themselves. You use a straw to measure the cake thickness then screw the legs to the height you require. I think I have the set that goes from the
4" to the 12 or 14" rings. I love them!!! The last wedding cake I made I adjusted the legs so one tier floated above the other and it looked great. They're so easy to use and I feel so secure using them. I always set up on site though. I don't have the nerve to transport stacked tiers. Too chancy.

Personally I'd rather do the deposit to get my equipment back than use the plastic system and have people toss them. How many brides will keep the things? Plus the rings don't displace icing like a solid plate and you can use a center dowel if you want. JMO

Earlene will help you decide what size legs you need. She's great!

tirby Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 6:01pm
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn

The legs are made of a white acrylic that looks nice enough if it shows between tiers. They screw onto threaded posts on the bottom of the rings themselves. You use a straw to measure the cake thickness then screw the legs to the height you require. I think I have the set that goes from the
4" to the 12 or 14" rings. I love them!!! The last wedding cake I made I adjusted the legs so one tier floated above the other and it looked great. They're so easy to use and I feel so secure using them. I always set up on site though. I don't have the nerve to transport stacked tiers. Too chancy.

Personally I'd rather do the deposit to get my equipment back than use the plastic system and have people toss them. How many brides will keep the things? Plus the rings don't displace icing like a solid plate and you can use a center dowel if you want. JMO

Earlene will help you decide what size legs you need. She's great!




I agree she is so nice...I was wondering what do you use under your tiers for a board? do you use the plates that she sells or do you use something else

CarolAnn Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 6:46pm
post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn

The legs are made of a white acrylic that looks nice enough if it shows between tiers. They screw onto threaded posts on the bottom of the rings themselves. You use a straw to measure the cake thickness then screw the legs to the height you require. I think I have the set that goes from the
4" to the 12 or 14" rings. I love them!!! The last wedding cake I made I adjusted the legs so one tier floated above the other and it looked great. They're so easy to use and I feel so secure using them. I always set up on site though. I don't have the nerve to transport stacked tiers. Too chancy.

Personally I'd rather do the deposit to get my equipment back than use the plastic system and have people toss them. How many brides will keep the things? Plus the rings don't displace icing like a solid plate and you can use a center dowel if you want. JMO

Earlene will help you decide what size legs you need. She's great!



I agree she is so nice...I was wondering what do you use under your tiers for a board? do you use the plates that she sells or do you use something else




I just use the cardboard rounds, doubled if needed. I DID purchase two of their white acrylic plates. They're strong and very attractive for my base cakes. I got the 10" and the 14 or 16". Glued a ribbon around the edge to use for a grooms cake in November.

Deb2013 Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 8:31pm
post #29 of 29

Other replies with posted links to stress free cake supports didn't work for me, but I was able to find the website. The system looks great - excellent video, too. I'm an occasional cake maker, so not sure if I want to spring for these due to cost. Here's the site: http://www.stressfreecakes.com/public/store.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%