Floral Lace Mold.... So Frustrating

Decorating By Mug-a-Bug Updated 1 Feb 2010 , 9:26pm by icer101

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 4

I have a floral lace mold from GSA. Can someone help me use this successfully?? I tried cutting the excess away from the back of the mold but the mold is shallow so it just pulled my gumpaste right out. I am wanting the back of my lace piece flat so it will lay flat against my cake. I also tried rolling the back of it with my little rolling pin, but that didn't really work either because it wasn't staying in the mold. Should I freeze it and then try cutting it?? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks all. icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 4

DianeLM has some excellent advice in this thread:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-664343-.html

HTH

sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 4

Mug-a-Bug, I have exactly the same problem. I'll read that other thread now. Thanks JanH

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 4

the lace molds that i have... are two sided. is your mold only one.. in other words. i roll my medium in a pasta machine thin.. and go from there.. but if yours is only one sided.. then you would press enough fondant/g/p mixture to fill mold.. then take a sharp knife or palette knife.. start in middle of mold.. lay this on its side.. and holding medium down as you cut. cut toward the left and to the end. then back to middle and holding medium down.. cut to right and to the end.. hope i have helped you understand.. unless. i have understood your question.. go slow with this cutting motions and a sawing back and forth motion....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%