Can Someone Help Me With Fondant Camo Print??

Decorating By BakerzJoy Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 8:08pm by tatorchip

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 9

I have a fishing/hunting cake due Saturday and I have no idea how to do it. Maybe some tips and pointers would be great! Thank you

8 replies
sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 9

Sharon Zambito has a how-to on her blog. I've never attempted it but it looks great!

http://sugaredblog.blogspot.com/2009_12_01_archive.html

Jenbud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenbud Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 1:48pm
post #3 of 9

If you are interested in hunting camo, try looking at denascakes.com under demonstrations. She has simple instructions for camo using fondant. She does airbrush a little but most of it is not. I think you could paint the airbrushed parts.

Jenbud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenbud Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 1:48pm
post #4 of 9

If you are interested in hunting camo, try looking at denascakes.com under demonstrations. She has simple instructions for camo using fondant. She does airbrush a little but most of it is not. I think you could paint the airbrushed parts.

anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:19pm
post #5 of 9

I made a deployment cake with camo fondant. I took the 3 colors and amde int different shapees, then rolled out the fondnt. I think it turned out pretty good. I have it posted under military cakes. Good Luck

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 9
ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 7:28pm
post #7 of 9

both those two tutorials are great.

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:56pm
post #8 of 9

Also, Cake Boss had a show where he showed how they do it with a giant pasta roller, but I doubt many people have access to something like that.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 8:08pm
post #9 of 9

I forgot to mention that tutorial is by jammjenks, she was so kind to share. Thanks again jammjenks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%