Oriental Fiesta Wedding Cake

Decorating By prterrell Updated 1 Feb 2010 , 7:18pm by prterrell

prterrell Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 12:58am
post #1 of 10

Colors: bright turquoise, hot pink, and yellow

Casual/fun "party" reception w/ Oriental touches (paper lanterns, parasols, and fans)

Servings needed: 100

HELP! How do I incorporate this into a cake? icon_cry.gif

9 replies
meegz Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 1:09am
post #2 of 10

Maybe something like this, with turquoise ribbons and a few more pink flowers???
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_475033.html

MACakes Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 1:10am
post #3 of 10

First thing coming to my mind is a "lantern" shaped cake with flowers, fans, parasols, etc adorning it. You could do a couple of tiers, one the lantern etc and make a nice oriental fan for the topper. Wow you have a lot to work with, it could be a really fun cake to make icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 1:16am
post #4 of 10

Maybe you could use this Japanese rock garden as an inspiration: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=69143

mrsc808 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 1:34am
post #5 of 10

Oriental as in Chinese or Japanese? Or just general? If it's Chinese, try to add some red and gold tones or if it's Japanese, try some cranes on the fans.

prterrell Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 3:12am
post #6 of 10

Red's a no-go. Colors are: hot pink, bright turquoise and yellow.

Not really specific to any Asian country, more of a generic "Far East" kind of thing w/ the paper parasols, paper lanterns, and fans.

JustToEatCake Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 4:53am
post #7 of 10

Bonsai, Oriental Screen, Kimono, chop sticks, rice bowl, mah jong, black laquer with pearl inserts, lanterns, silk, silk cushions, rice paper, bamboo, oriental shoes (flip flop kind or silk kind) sushi, egg rolls, noodles, kites, dragons, sumo, kabuki masks (kabuki mask with lanterns and parasol?) cherry blossoms......just thought I'd throw out the things that come to my mind when I think of asian theme maybe something will help icon_smile.gif.

mrsc808 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 5:23am
post #8 of 10

Well shoots on the red. LOL. What about the cranes, though? When I got married I had to fold 1000 of those suckers to teach me patience and the hubby had to fold 1 for good luck. Yup, how fair was that?

bobwonderbuns Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 1:27pm
post #9 of 10

Look in my pix at the Gilda's Club cake -- it's not oriental, but I do use large blooms and gumpaste fans -- you could adapt that cake.

prterrell Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 7:18pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks BWB! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%