Getting Started

Decorating By coastiechik Updated 1 Feb 2010 , 2:42am by mamawrobin

coastiechik Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 4

Okay, I have been told I do a good job of "winging it" with some of my cakes, but if I can't take a class, can someone recommend a good basic decorating book?

3 replies
JGMB Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 4

Hi,

First of all, welcome to CC!!! You'll find that you learn so much on here from tutorials, recipes, etc. The other members are always very willing to answer any questions you might have.

As far as books go, I can't really recommend one (I took Wilton classes), but I can recommend YouTube. There are tons of cake decorating videos on there!!!

I hope someone else can steer you towards a good book, but again, welcome!!! icon_razz.gif

Julie

Mug-a-Bug Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 2:28am
post #3 of 4

The wilton classes are a waste of time (just my opinion, sorry to all the instructors who DO know what they are doing). Search youtube and invest in the instructional videos at www.sugaredproductions.com - you will find a wealth of information in those two places. Good luck. thumbs_up.gif

mamawrobin Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 2:42am
post #4 of 4

Edna (design me a cake.com) has several tutorials on youtube that I find very helpful. Also there are several dvd's available. Welcome to cc!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%