How Many Mini Cupcakes For 150 Ppl?

Baking By prterrell Updated 1 Feb 2010 , 10:17pm by cylstrial

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 6

I am in charge of the luncheon that follows the Community Lenten Service on Ash Wednesday. We anticipate between 125 and 150 people.

I will be serving salad cold plates (chicken or tuna salad, cole slaw, pasta salad, cottage cheese with pineapple ring, 3 bean and pickled beet salad and congealed salad with crackers and tea) and plan to do mini cupcakes for dessert (just a simple swirl of icing, no deco).

I will buy some sugar free ones at Publix as a lot of the attendees are elderly and some of them have to watch their sugar. The rest will be vanilla butter cake and vanilla frosting.

I'm not sure if I should plan on 2 mini cupcakes per person or 3?

5 replies
The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 7:43pm
post #2 of 6

I would do three...tis better to have more than less of what you need icon_smile.gif

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 6

I wouldn't think everybody would eat 3 so if it were me I would multiply the # of expected people by 2.5 and go with that.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 6

OK, wait - I just re-read your OP and if most of the people are elderly, then I'd go with 2.

sugarjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarjones Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 8:07pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

OK, wait - I just re-read your OP and if most of the people are elderly, then I'd go with 2.

I totally agree! Although....old people like to wrap food up in napkins and take it home, you might want to add a few more! haha

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 10:17pm
post #6 of 6

Definitely 2. Possibly 2.5 or 3.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%