It Was Just One Of Those Days!!

Lounge By indydebi Updated 1 Feb 2010 , 3:24am by adree313

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 9

As many of you know, I'm going to school full time to pursue a teaching degree and have a part time job at a hotel, usually working the 11pm to 7am shift.

During this shift, one of my jobs is to prep some of the things for the morning's breakfast, including making coffee.

So I'm making 2 pots of coffee (about 30-40 cups each). I start the brewing process and go into the kitchen to do some of the prep work. I come back out, ready to move the coffee pots to the lobby (free coffee for our guests 24 hours a day). I lift one of the pots and it's really light. I check the filter. Yep, it's wet and used, so the water went thru. Huh! Where's the coffee?

Then I notice this HUGE pool of black liquid on our floor. The handle on the coffee pot was in the open position and while the pot brewed, the entire pot of coffee poured out onto the floor!

SO I mop it up. Using a mop that's not very thick in the absorption capacity. WHen done, I put the mop in the top part of the bucket (the part that wrings out the mop). Did you know these buckets aren't very balanced? The bucket tips over and ALL of the mopped up coffee runs all over the floor! Crap!

So I mop it up again and this time put the mop in the big part of the bucket.

Did you know these buckets aren't very balanced? Yep, over thebucket goes, spilling the entire amoutn of coffee all over the floor! I mop it up for a 3rd time.

Determined to finally be finished, I grab the bucket with both hands to roll it back into the kitchen. I hit either my foot or a bump in the floor, stumble and the bucket goes flying, spilling all of the coffee all over the floor!!!

By this time, I'm glad all of the hotel guests are sound asleep or they would have heard me LOUDLY cussing this !*#$)#(%^ coffee!!!! I mop the dang stuff up for 4TH TIME!!! The floor in the breakfast area was mighty clean by this time, let me tell ya!!

When my shift was over, I drove home CAREFULLY (a whopping 4 minute drive) and was very tempted to crawl under my bed where it's nice and safe.

Lucy Ricardo had NUTHIN' on me!!! icon_lol.gif

8 replies
davespeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
davespeg Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 9

LOL...I'm sorry for you and your bad day, but that was funny.
icon_cry.gificon_surprised.gificon_biggrin.gificon_surprised.gificon_cry.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 9

good grief, what a morning...all before 7am? would you believe this is my life every day icon_biggrin.gif

As Scarlett said, "After all, tomorrow is another day"

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 7:30pm
post #4 of 9

I feel your pain.... spent 10 years in the resturant business not going to admit to how many times tea and coffee was brewed straight to the floor and not the pot. Hope you have had a better weekend icon_lol.gif

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 9

Can you say "SHAMWOW"?

Are you sure you are not on some security tape that might end up on one of those funniest video shows?

Wake up you were only having a nightmare. LOL

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 8:49pm
post #6 of 9

icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif I feel bad for you, but that had to have been somewhat comical.

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 9:51pm
post #7 of 9

indi-

I give you credit for getting your teaching credential and working at the same time.

Good luck on your new career.

I enjoy reading your posts.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 1:55am
post #8 of 9

Oh geesh...that's horrible. It's true that when it rains it pours. Usually that type of thing happens to me when I am feeling really tired or a bit sick and I NEED everything to go smoothly. Can you request a better bucket? Shouldn't have to deal with it tipping over. I don't know how you do it, I could never work nights I am totally solar powered.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 3:24am
post #9 of 9

Can I just say how comforting it is to hear that even indydebi has these "doh $^$(@" moments? icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%