Need Closer Look At This Cake -- Help!!

Decorating By bobwonderbuns Updated 31 Jan 2010 , 4:26pm by bobwonderbuns

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 8

Can someone help me get a closer look at this cake from the movie "Meet Joe Black" please? I thought it was just gorgeous, but everytime I try to get a closer look I get a blurry image, both on the computer and when I print. icon_cry.gif I couldn't find a closer shot on the internet either, ironically... icon_confused.gif Thanks all, I appreciate your help!! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

7 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 8

Scroll down to the publisher's notes...maybe she's got a closer look on her site...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0847823342/?tag=cakecentral-20

bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 8

I did look on her site and saw nothing but a blurb that her work has been featured in this movie. In the movie they gave credit to someone else (don't know if that was a fictional character or what.) You would think there would be a closeup view available someplace on the web! icon_confused.gif

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I did look on her site and saw nothing but a blurb that her work has been featured in this movie. In the movie they gave credit to someone else (don't know if that was a fictional character or what.) You would think there would be a closeup view available someplace on the web! icon_confused.gif

Bob, is that Gust Tutti Frutti cake on her site similar to this one? Looks very close except that she used some gold to paint the swags on the cake on her website.

all4cake Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 8

it somewhat resembles that gusto one on the cakes link...

I'm sure I'm only tracing your footsteps on this hunt....

all4cake Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 4:21pm
post #6 of 8

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3322/3552607825_3cef562702_o.png

(it was on flickr...i clicked on view all sizes and this one came up 'bout full page...don't know if it's clear enough)

bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 4:24pm
post #7 of 8

Wow!! That's awesome!! I like to challenge myself by doing cakes others have done (mine never look the same!) icon_biggrin.gif It's a wonderful educational experience and this cake was so elegant!! That helps a lot!! Thanks everyone! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 4:26pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

Bob, is that Gust Tutti Frutti cake on her site similar to this one? Looks very close except that she used some gold to paint the swags on the cake on her website.

That may very well be -- I just thought the one in the movie was much prettier and more elegant. I can see a lot of the similarities though! Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%