Clay Extruder...help!!!

Decorating By stmarys04 Updated 14 Feb 2010 , 5:47am by Texas_Rose

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 4:51am
post #31 of 43

I woke up to go to the bathroom around 3 to 4am. My ankle rolled, the rotti didn't move. I fell and then screamed for the pain.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 5:33am
post #32 of 43

Here's the washer in place

Sorry about the blurry picture icon_biggrin.gif

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 5:45am
post #33 of 43

Thanks for the help! I'll try mine again tomorrow. From what everyone says, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. It should be easier than this.
And gomo.....get better. Or else we just might have to shoot you, like a crippled horse. A very cranky horse....

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:03am
post #34 of 43

Great pic!

I was wrong! I found some good info here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/craftygoat/2528913480/

Rae

gramofgwen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramofgwen Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:20am
post #35 of 43

Mine is the Makins Ultimate, 16.65 at amazon.com. Works great as long as I remember to add just a little bit of shortening to the fondant. Easy to clean. icon_biggrin.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:51am
post #36 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

yes.........where are you putting the black rubber washer? I received no directions saying where that goes haha.........I think I am not a good extruder

The black rubber washer goes around the metal disc that pushes the fondant out. It already has one rubber washer in the right place, and the other one is a spare, so just put it away until the original breaks. I've had mine two years now and the original washer is as good as when I bought it.

That might explain why the washer keeps bunching up and coming out inside the rope hahaha..thanks so much....

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 7:27am
post #37 of 43
Quote:

You have to be careful with the pain meds too...my doc handed them out like candy and I don't remember the second half of Feb last year, or March or April.

LMAO. icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif Can I have some magic pills lol

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 8:02am
post #38 of 43

This probably won't help, but I'm willing to cough up another idea.

If I'm getting it right. You can't figure out where the washer goes. Texas Rose has shown you specifically where that black O ring (washer) is located. If you have meat injectors; look at the plunger part. Should have an indentation around the middle of rubber part.

Don't lose that O ring. My neck of the woods, they can't be found. When I have found them, they are alway thicker.

Have fun in the Sculpey class. If I could get around properly, I would love to take that class, just for funzies!

Texas_Rose Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 8:09am
post #39 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayerim979

Quote:

You have to be careful with the pain meds too...my doc handed them out like candy and I don't remember the second half of Feb last year, or March or April.

LMAO. icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif Can I have some magic pills lol

It wasn't that great...I gained a bunch of weight (apparently DH kept me supplied with all the blue bell ice cream and lofthouse sugar cookies I could eat which was way too much) and went through some pretty nasty withdrawal when I stopped the pills. Plus we had to move right after my surgery and I don't know where half my cake and kitchen stuff went...DH says I gave some to my sister but she says I didn't, and I got rid of most of my clothes which I don't remember either. And I don't remember my daughter's birthday party and all year I've forgotten how old she is icon_redface.gificon_cry.gif

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 3:55am
post #40 of 43

The Doc decided I don't need a cast anymore. Seems, I can lay down bone, like nobodies business. I was phenomenally happy!

Thursday, I walked away with a post op shoe. Tonight, after twisting, tripping and talking to my Doc. I'm better off with the ugly blue boot, I've owned for the last 10 years of my life. I even asked, if the black boot would be okay. No! My history, I have to do the big thing.

So anyone out there want to give me ideas of building a foot in a cast?

I think I know how I should get it done. I'm willing to any ideas.

MaryAnn

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 5:13am
post #41 of 43

The only good news, breaking my foot this time around... I didn't gain 20lbs, again!

Never lost the 20 from 10 years ago.

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 5:38am
post #42 of 43

Hobby Lobby usually carries both kinds and you can use a 40 off coupon

Texas_Rose Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 5:47am
post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowCoolGomo1

The only good news, breaking my foot this time around... I didn't gain 20lbs, again!

Never lost the 20 from 10 years ago.

See...you're lucky you don't have a man around buying you sugar cookies and Blue Bell...my weight gain when I broke my leg was about 50 lbs. I didn't gain any when I broke my foot though, I didn't go to the doctor that time and I didn't have any pain meds stronger than tylenol and it hurt too much to eat for a while.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%