Cherry Filling For Wedding Cake..need Help!!!

Decorating By motherof2boys Updated 1 Feb 2010 , 3:49pm by dandelion56602

motherof2boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherof2boys Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 9

I have a wedding cake that the bride wants a cheescake filling topped with cherries. I normally make a cheescake filling then put pureed raspberries over the cheescake filling but the bride doesnt like the seeds that are in the raspberries. She wants the cheesecake filling with cherries but I have never done this before. Should I be safe and just buy the premade cherry filling or do something else...please help!!!

8 replies
goodiegoddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodiegoddess Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 9

what about just flavouring the cheesecake filling with cherry? I have seen a cake with cherry filling and it looks like olives....lol.

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 10:37pm
post #3 of 9

I have used the cherry sleeve filling several times and was very pleased with the results.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 10:56pm
post #4 of 9

I'm interested to know what you do for your cheesecake filling. I too would go w/ the sleeve filling. It's shelf stable, doesn't soak into the cake & works out to be about the same price as canned filling even after shipping

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 11:13pm
post #5 of 9

I would use the cream cheese sleeve filling too. For a strawberry cream cheese filling I just mixed the two together first. That wouldn't work if the bride wants a layer of each for the filling . Then I would just do a separate layer of each but make sure the dam is high enough.

motherof2boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherof2boys Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 7:59pm
post #6 of 9

You were asking about my cheesecake filling so I attached a document of another CC member had mosted that I get recipes off of...Trust me, you will love these ideas.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 8:08pm
post #7 of 9

OK, I'm a cherry filling NUT and I cannot resist the canned cherry pie filling. I know, I know - it's CANNED - but it's SO delicious. I used it in a black forest cake I did for a customer and they absolutely loved it.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 8:15pm
post #8 of 9

Just make a cherry filling. Cook down some cherries, sugar, add some bloomed gelatin, and bring to a boil. You could add some kirsch to make it really good.
You could also strain out the seeds from the raspberries.

Mike

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 3:49pm
post #9 of 9

Oh, I love the google doc. I just didn't know if maybe you used something non-perishable

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%