How To Attach Edible Image To Gumpaste?

Decorating By tsal Updated 31 Jan 2010 , 5:49pm by tsal

tsal Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 8

Hi,

sorry for posting so much today but I forgot to ask how to attach the edible image to gumpaste. Is the image sticky at all when removed from the backing? If not, how do I attach it?

7 replies
bennett5 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 8

I make gumpaste plaques all the time. The best option is the edible tylose glue(water and tylose powder) when Im in a pinch and out of glue, I use corn syrup. I use a flat paint brush for either but just try to spread it thinly and evenly and if you dont quite get your image on in the perfect position you should be able to slide it just a bit(but be careful, some edible image paper isnt as sturdy as others) I hope this helps !!

icer101 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 8

i use piping gel....

bennett5 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 8

yes, Ive used that too, in fact that works much better than the corn syrup !!!

tsal Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 11:02pm
post #5 of 8

I just was on a site that suggested that just moistening the gumpaste and then attaching the image would work. Wouldn't the gum paste become slightly sticky making the image stick or would it melt the paper?

bennett5 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 2:09am
post #6 of 8

ya know what, Im really not sure, never done that.

icingimages Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 1:50pm
post #7 of 8

All of those methods work. Be careful not to get any moisture on top of the image when applying. Also, the old tried and true is just dampen the gumpaste with water and it will stick on! Moisture is the glue between anything and the image. When applying, start at the center first when smoothing the image. All smoothing must be done immediately after applying before the image adheres to it.

tsal Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 5:49pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks Debbie! I will post pics when it's done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%