Stencil Storage

Baking By toleshed Updated 20 Feb 2010 , 9:08pm by peg818

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 6

I've just invested in my first couple of stencils. How do you store them and where? They are too expensive to just stash them any ole place.

5 replies
cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 6

This is how I store my arsenal!

I got these from Office Max. The folders are sold separately.

It can get pricey, but I wait till they are on sale. I just recently got the cases for 2/$20 which is getting one almost for free.

They are stackable and I love that they have handles and are portable.
I try to deep the original packaging, then put it all in a Ziploc bag. it is very important that they don't get bent.

The only thing that is bugging me lately is my labels are popping off on my newer ones. I'm wondering if I can make skinny paper labels on the computer. As far as I know they don't make those for the P-Touch.
LL
LL

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 6

I only have a few, but I store them in a 3-drawer plastic compartment (12x12) that I orginally got for scrapbooking supplies. that way, they can lay flat.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 6

Thats great! Thanks

nesweetcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesweetcake Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 4:48am
post #5 of 6

I have some really large ones and I have an Black Case found in the drawing or painting area of Hobby Lobby or Michales. It's for carrying around art work or presentations. Sturdy sided and has pockets in each side. I know I used a coupon.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 9:08pm
post #6 of 6

I have plastic folders that are made for scrapbooking (but they are soft sided) i place a piece of cardboard in the folder with the stencils so that they don't get bent up. Best of all i got the folders at the $ store.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%