Tampa Area Supplies?

Decorating By Superbecky79 Updated 2 Feb 2010 , 1:54pm by Joanne1944

Superbecky79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Superbecky79 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 11

Hello! I was wondering if anyone near Tampa, Florida knew of any decent places for supplies? I know of Michaels. Joanns, and the Rolling Pin. Anyone else know where I can get cake & cookie decorating items?

Thank you!

10 replies
Superbecky79 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 11

Anyone?

Rusti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 11

I live near Sarasota and the only cake supply shop I know of is in Tampa called Cake's Plus on Dale Mabry. I order my supplies from GSA online so when I went into Cake's Plus I was not pleased with her prices and she was out of stock for most things I wanted. $4.50 for Americolor just seemed over the top.

icon_surprised.gif

Superbecky79 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 11

Thank you! I don't decorate that often that I need a lot of supplies. But sometimes it's nice to look around and see what there is to buy! I was hoping to one day go in to a large store that has isle after isle of pans/cookie cutters/sprinkles in every color. I've seen pictures of superstores like that and I think I drooled!

Rusti Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 11:01pm
post #5 of 11

I hear you, There's a big shop in Orlando that I would love to get a chance to take my time and shop. Wish there were more around here.
Happy Baking icon_smile.gif

Superbecky79 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 12:00am
post #6 of 11

What's the name of the Orlando store?

Thank you!

Rusti Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 6:04am
post #7 of 11

There are two places in Orlando,
D&G Occasions 625-G Herndon Ave Orlando and
Jesters Cake & Party Supplies 2830 N Orange Blossom Trail in Kissimme
I've ordered supplies from Jesters online and they have great prices and fast shipping.
I just decorate as a hobby but I love it and I love finding and learning new decorations. I'm determine to get up to Orlando but my husband is not crazy about driving up there just to go cake supply shopping.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 11:48am
post #8 of 11

Where do you live Rusti, I go to Jesters two or three times a year, I live in Manatee County..if you are close, maybe we can get together for a trip

Superbecky79 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 12:54pm
post #9 of 11

Fantastic! Thank you so much for your help! I think a trip to Orlando is needed ASAP just because I want to, LOL!

Also, off topic- If either of you have kids, there is an awesome park in Lakeland called Common Ground. Might be a nice stop along the way to Orlando for the kids. There is something for kids of all ages. 1000 E Edgewood Dr, Lakeland.

Thank you!

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 1:52pm
post #10 of 11

Rusti, where in Tampa do you live? I am in Citrus Park off Ehrlich and the Veterans.
I have been to Cakes Plus - prices are high, but if you just need one thing. at least it is local. I usually order on-line, but every now and then I go to Orlando to D&G. It is awesome to walk through those aisles to see all the decorating "stuff".
When I go to Orlando in a couple of weeks to deliver our entries for the Central Florida Fair, I am going to try to work in a trip to D&G. Love that place.

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 1:54pm
post #11 of 11

I think my post should have directed to superbecky since you are the one in Tampa.
I just decorate as a hobby, but I really enjoy doing it. My daughters, nieces and grandchildren all decorate and are going to enter the Central Florida Fair.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%