?? For Those Of You With Awesome Websites...

Decorating By dailey Updated 1 Feb 2010 , 3:21pm by cakesweetiecake

dailey Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 8

i'm thinking about upgrading my website but am not sure where to begin?? i've seen some really nice websites out there and was wondering if those of you who have one could give me some tips/advice on where to start? thanks!

7 replies
Rylan Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 8

First of all, I love your cakes! I love how you used butterflies on your quilted cake! You have a style going on and I just love it!

As for the website, I really don't have any tips. I have this affordable web designer who helps me update things for free. She also did Cake Journal, Sweetopia and many other sites.

The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 12:09am
post #3 of 8

Do you currently have a website? Would someone be degining it for you? Godaddy.com is a great place to purchase domains and get started if you don't already have a domain.

mandymakescakes Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 12:21am
post #4 of 8

I used GoDaddy.com to register my domain, super simple. I use Squarespace.com to host my site. Squarespace is designed for the novice web designer and has a ton of great pre-fab tools you can customize to your heart's content. My site is not used for selling, it's just a hobby, but you could easily set up 'for purchase' pages for online orders or expand the "Email Me" for detailed product inquiries. Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

diane706 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 5:03am
post #5 of 8

Yahoo SiteBuilder! Love it!! thumbs_up.gif It's around $14.00 per month. Love the customer service. as well.

dailey Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 2:42pm
post #6 of 8

first off, thanks rylan for the nice words about my cake!! ♥ ♥ ♥

i *do* have a website already, i just wanted something more *professional* : ) thanks for the info, i will be looking into it!

cylstrial Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 3:08pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymakescakes

I used GoDaddy.com to register my domain, super simple. I use Squarespace.com to host my site. Squarespace is designed for the novice web designer and has a ton of great pre-fab tools you can customize to your heart's content. My site is not used for selling, it's just a hobby, but you could easily set up 'for purchase' pages for online orders or expand the "Email Me" for detailed product inquiries. Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

Thanks! I have never heard of Squarespace.com.

cakesweetiecake Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 3:21pm
post #8 of 8

Great info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%