Its The Little Things...

Business By Kitagrl Updated 30 Jan 2010 , 4:31pm by The_Lil_Cakehouse

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 4

Two little things I take for granted everybody knows...and not everybody knows...but it makes them so happy to find out!!!!

Sometimes my customers don't realize I can tint buttercream or even fondant "to order"...yesterday had a sweet client who wanted my simple buttercream-and-a-ribbon wedding cake....and she was like "I guess you can't tint the buttercream like you have this light pink fondant cake here." I was like "Oh yes whatever color you like." She was like "Wow..."

Then also several clients don't realize that I can make each tier a different flavor cake. (Its no problem and I include it with no additional charge). That knowledge always helps them make their flavor decisions so much easier. haha.

Its just cute to see the simple things I take for granted and dont' realize everyone doesn't know...I guess it reminds me to make sure when I'm talking to a client that I give them all the choices and different ideas because sometimes they truly just don't know all the options and ideas there are available.

3 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 4

I used to get this all the time when I worked at the grocery store. In our book we would have pictures of cakes with generic messages written on them. So many people would pick out for example a balloon cake that said Happy Birthday on it and ask "Instead of Happy Birthday can you write Congratulations?"

Der! I say of course and they are thrilled.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose_N_Crantz

I used to get this all the time when I worked at the grocery store. In our book we would have pictures of cakes with generic messages written on them. So many people would pick out for example a balloon cake that said Happy Birthday on it and ask "Instead of Happy Birthday can you write Congratulations?"

Haha that's another one! Sometimes I'm tempted to be like "Oh man sorry, that's all I know how to write!" LOL j/k....yeah they are thrilled they get to pick the message!

The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose_N_Crantz

Haha that's another one! Sometimes I'm tempted to be like "Oh man sorry, that's all I know how to write!" LOL j/k....yeah they are thrilled they get to pick the message!

Lol, can you imagine the look on their face if you did say that...haha

I get the different flavor question all the time, but once I had the birthday girl say, OH NO, now I have too many choices...haha.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%