Flower Pot Cake, Need A Little Help Here.

Decorating By ZlatkaT Updated 31 Jan 2010 , 3:52pm by ZlatkaT

ZlatkaT Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 5

I would like to make flower pot cake for my Mother-in-law BD, I think I understand how to make the pot. - 6" and 8" on top to achieve the pot, cover with fondant. Now I will use RI flowers, and I am not sure how to arrange them, as they are not on wire. Should I put them on blob of icing or on little piece of fondant (like ball of fondant) and glue them together? And pipe some leaves around? Do I make a little hole in the pot a fill with "dirt"? I am not sure how to attached those RI flowers. Thank you.

4 replies
ZlatkaT Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 5

Anyone? Am I on my own?

leah_s Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 5

Honestly, I would have all the flowers wired.

dstbni Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 5

Maybe do a half ball and attach the flowers to that so they look like a big bunch?

ZlatkaT Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 3:52pm
post #5 of 5

I know that gumpaste flowers would look better and on wire it would attached better and look more naturally, but I am limited to that as I know only rose and carnation. My Mother-in-law loves Pansies I have on hand those cute RI flowers which I could use, but I am not sure how to attached them to look as bunch. Should I dig a little hole in the pot, or not? And make little hill of BC and put them on top? Do the leaves with RI or BC?
That's the only way I see. ????

Quote by @%username% on %date%