Decorating By noahsmummy Updated 30 Jan 2010 , 4:12pm by SuzyNoQ

noahsmummy Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 9:36am
post #1 of 3

So my best friend has requested a boob cake for her birthday. Ive been looking through the galleries and am all inspired with your fantastic cakes and cant wait to get started on my own. Now to the question.

Im scared. Lol. I noticed that the majority of the cakes are done in fondant... fondant hates me. haha. So basically, if anyone has a fantastic fondant recipe to share with me? much appreciated. Also any tips on how to go about covering the cakes? ie, should i cover each boob then try and get it in the middle of the cleavage? or all in one hit? Im intending on using a sheet cake for the torso then two pyrex bowl cakes (yes i have been trawling through this site for too long i know.. haha.. that warning about this place being addictive needs to be bigger i think..)

Also; colours... how on earth do you get it flesh coloured??? im working with primary colours only here.. (blue, red, yellow, green) ive coloured fondant with coco powder once before because i needed brown.. and it ended up rather streaky.. not too mention dry..=/

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! keep up the great work.. my jealousy of your talent is ever ... hahaha

2 replies
scgriffiths Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 12:13pm
post #2 of 3

Hi Emily,

I haven't done a naked body before, but have done a bikini cake, with the body in BC and the bikini in fondant, and that worked ok.

You can get flesh colour by using a little red and a touch of brown. You won't need much, so cocoa should be fine.

SuzyNoQ Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 3

Roll it out on a big sheet of vinyl (which you can get by the yard at most craft stores) and when it is rolled big enough flip it over onto the cake. (the whole works) and peel off the vinyl.
I usually use either rolled buttercream (which I know alot of people hate but most of the people I make cakes for love it) or MMf
On my torso cake I used brown and rose and kneaded them in 1 at a time until I got the color I wanted

Quote by @%username% on %date%