Wilton Volleyball Pan & Pattern Question

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 30 Jan 2010 , 1:10pm by cakesrock

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 4:07am
post #1 of 5

Okay this may be really dense of me (and I'm sure I"ll be embarassed after) , but I am not getting how you are supposed to get the volleyball pattern that comes with the ball pan, onto the cake? It comes with that little pattern on a piece of paper. Do I imprint it with a gumpaste tool or am I supposed to transfer it onto other material/paper then imprint it onto the cake?The instructions really don't explain. I plan to use MMF.

Oh and do I really have to dowel and use a cake board for such a small ball??

TIA

4 replies
nanahaley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanahaley Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 4:27am
post #2 of 5

If you are using the full ball you will definitely want to dowel the ball. I would recommend using the cake board also. I cut my pattern into pieces and traced them on my fondant and pieced them onto the cake because I made a multi colored ball. If you are making an all white ball you can lay the pattern on the ball and use your tool to trace on the lines for your markings, remove the pattern and then go over them again for more definition.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 4:34am
post #3 of 5

If this cake is for your own family or one of your kid's VB teams, you have to make a lame joke about "serving" the cake -- it gets a good eyeroll every time!! icon_wink.gif

nanahaley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanahaley Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 4:47am
post #4 of 5

JGMB that's too funny!! Wish I had thought about that when I did mine!! I'll have to remember it for next time.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 1:10pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

If this cake is for your own family or one of your kid's VB teams, you have to make a lame joke about "serving" the cake -- it gets a good eyeroll every time!! icon_wink.gif

Too cute - hadn't even thought of that... I'll have to tell my colleague - it's for her daughter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%