1.29.10 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 1 Feb 2010 , 3:36am by globalgatherings

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:15am
post #31 of 68

Jamie, you're avatar's eyes are following me! Aaaaaack!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:16am
post #32 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

hahahahahahaha! That's what I thought too!

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:19am
post #33 of 68

Hey everyone! Thaught I would drop in and say hi! no cakes for me tonight, just got done setting up my 50" tv!!!!!! So excited to get it set up and now see where I am....CC!!! Ha! It never fails!

prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:21am
post #34 of 68

LCD, plasma, or LED?

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:21am
post #35 of 68

Oh sheesh...yeah, it IS pretty freaky. Anyone ever make creme brulee with half and half and margarine? I had the misfortune of watching someone doing this earlier. I can't imagine it was very good. icon_sad.gif

_Jamie_ Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:23am
post #36 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Quote:

hahahahahahaha! That's what I thought too!

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif Oh I needed that laugh!!! Ok...lemme go get rid of it. If I can stay awake long enough. icon_razz.gif

all4cake Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:33am
post #37 of 68

Is it stuck there? I wish I had a piece of electrical tape to put over it!

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:48am
post #38 of 68

Just dropped by to say Hello, and hope everyone is doing fine. God Bless.

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:01am
post #39 of 68

Finished my baby shower cake for tomorrow for a good friend. On wednesday I got a call that she'd been put in the hospital, and might be having her baby, which meant the guest of honor wouldn't be at her own shower! I was bummed because 2 weeks ago, i dislocated my shoulder, and I'm not allowed to raise my arm. So all week i've been working on this cake, baking and freezing, making MMF (not easy one handed by the way). So I'm thinking, what if we have to call this whole thing off, what will I do with all this delicious strawberry cake with cream cheese filling? icon_smile.gif
Well, I just found out that they let her out of the hospital, just tonight, so I got her cake done, and I'm so psyched for her to see it. I told her I'd do it for free, but I had complete control over the design. It was kind of a wacky design, so I'd love for everyone to give me their opinion! It is in my photos. Have a great evening y'all!

all4cake Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:14am
post #40 of 68

abra526, I love it! I love the birdies idea!

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:18am
post #41 of 68

Thanks! It's nice to have a husband who isn't too manly to help me roll out pink fondant!

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:18am
post #42 of 68

I see everyone's avatar except Jamie's. I wonder why it isn't showing up? Humph!

_Jamie_ Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:20am
post #43 of 68

Because it was scaring people. icon_sad.gif I don't have anything to replace it with yet.

prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:20am
post #44 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jamie_

Oh sheesh...yeah, it IS pretty freaky. Anyone ever make creme brulee with half and half and margarine? I had the misfortune of watching someone doing this earlier. I can't imagine it was very good. icon_sad.gif

blech! icon_surprised.gif That's a food crime, that is. icon_cry.gif

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:20am
post #45 of 68

I jut got back from a dinner dance that I did the cake for... 80's theme.. I had a lot of fun with it, and thanks all for your ideas y'all gave me about 2 weeks ago. The cake was a big hit!

Debbie

_Jamie_ Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:23am
post #46 of 68
Quote:

Quote:

blech! icon_surprised.gif That's a food crime, that is. icon_cry.gif

Oh I agree. The someone? Someone was my mother. She's notorious for looking at a recipe and saying "eh, I don't have that so I'll just use this." But this time, she purposely bought half and half instead of heavy cream. Why?!?! dunce.gif

prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:28am
post #47 of 68

I'm guessing so the dessert would be less fattening. icon_rolleyes.gif

_Jamie_ Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:29am
post #48 of 68

No, not really. Doesn't like the texture of the heavy cream. Yeah...I know. Wow. I love her to death, but we do not get involved with baking/cooking together, it gets too hot!

prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:31am
post #49 of 68
Quote:

Doesn't like the texture of the heavy cream.

[robot voice]DOES NOT COMPUTE.[/robot voice]

_Jamie_ Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:32am
post #50 of 68

No kidding...

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:42am
post #51 of 68

Evening all,

Well, I'm dead tired...made 24 gumpaste roses today, just finished luster dusting them in irredescent and pink. My hands hurt. UGH...and that's not half of what I'll need for the topiary cake for next Saturday. I have to get them all done, 60 in total, by Tuesday because Wed I have 2 doz custom cupcakes due then I have to seriously start on the cake and oh, yeah, superbowl is on Sunday so 2 dozen more cupcakes due then. The great thing is that I haven't done too many roses before and I'm learning on a very steep curve! LOL! Hope everyone has a great weekend...I'm off to bed!

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 7:03am
post #52 of 68

Ok. I'm getting ticked off with Ebay. Been trying to buy the Wilton bowling pin pan forever. Really want to make it for DH's birthday next week. Why can't I buy it?!! There really should be a place to rent out of production pans!

chelseak, let me know the score. I'm sure it'll be close.

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 7:42am
post #53 of 68

Just finished decorating cookies- making plates of Valentines to sell at church bazaar tomorrow. Hope they do well for the church!

in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 7:43am
post #54 of 68

Hi all, I'm working on a Modern Warfare 2 cake, lots of blood and fire. eww!

prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 7:44am
post #55 of 68

twooten - have you tried looking on Craig's list and freecycle?

prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 7:47am
post #56 of 68

Okay. 10 til 3 in the morning here. I'm off to bed. Night everyone!

elizacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizacake Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 8:39am
post #57 of 68

Whew, finally got the cake done for my sister's baby shower tomorrow. Didn't have time this week to get started earlier...so baking to cleanup all tonight in 6 hours. Which for me is great! First cake in a couple of months. I must be getting faster...didn't hurt that it was a simple design. Did one of those baby bumps...not fond of them, but my sister in law (who's helping put on the shower) thought they were awfully cute. Will post tomorrow. icon_smile.gif Night all!

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 4:52pm
post #58 of 68

Hi guys, its been ages since I got on here! been fitting out the shop for opening on 2nd Feb - its manic at the minute, just got all our decorating done, counter built and furniture set up - now for the final touches and moving all my supplies from home to the shop.
Cake-wise I tried to keep myself quiet for the whole of Jan and first bit of feb but it's just not happening! have a 2 tier 1st birthday cake - the same as the lion cake in my pics and that's it for me - just have to sort out the cake dummies for the windows now!

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 2:30am
post #59 of 68
Quote:

LCD, plasma, or LED?

Plasma HDTV!!! I LOVE IT!! And we got a wii to go with it today!!!!! whoa!!

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 5:09am
post #60 of 68

hi all - hope its ok to join in

my thing this year is to bake a different cake from scratch every week. last week was coconut with choc ganache (which got rave reviews and im making again on tuesday for friends) and right now i have an upside down cashew and maple syrup loaf in the oven... i suspect my co-workers are going to gain weight this year

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%