How Do I Color Bufflao Wings?

Decorating By calebsmom45 Updated 20 Aug 2013 , 7:57pm by mstygthr

calebsmom45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calebsmom45 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 1:37am
post #1 of 4

I have seen a couple cakes with chicken wings on them and I would like to know how to make them look so realistic. I see that some people use piping gel. Would I color it first and put it on the wings or do I color the wings red and just glaze them with it. I would like to try it tomorrow so anyhelp would be great. Thanks so much.

3 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 3:14am
post #2 of 4

I have not made them, but if I did, I would use orange, red, and yellow to get the piping gel the right color and then brush that onto orange fondant.

Why not try PM-ing the people who's cakes you like and ask them what they did?

calebsmom45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calebsmom45 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 1:35pm
post #3 of 4

I tried asking a few, there is really not that many wing cakes that I found. Ithought there would be more! Thanks, that is kind of what I was thinking, I guess I will just wing it. Ha! Thanks again

mstygthr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mstygthr Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 7:57pm
post #4 of 4

Hello,

I was interested to know if you were able to pull off the look of the wings? I'm planning a cake for my son's 18th birthday and he loves buffalo wild wings restaurant so I wanted to make him a cake in that theme. I was wanting to know how to get the sauce look? I have a couple ideas but I wanted to get feedback from people who have tried this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Misty  icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%