Achieving Fuschia/hot Pink

Decorating By EvMarie Updated 30 Jan 2010 , 11:40pm by EvMarie

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 11:07pm
post #1 of 11

How do I get hot pink or fuschia with Wilton Gel Colors? I tried "pink" and "rose" and don't get anywhere close. I thought a ton of "rose" would do it, but I end up with a spastic salmon color.

I will color royal icing and MMF, for cookies.

Got help? I appreciate it!

10 replies
chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 11:21pm
post #2 of 11

Have you tried electric pink? I use only the Americolor gels and they work awesome. Their rose one works good for a bright colored pink.

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 11:41pm
post #3 of 11

I used Wilton Rose gel color on the hot pink/zebra striped wedding cake in my pictures. I had to add a ton!! I normally make my MMF and before adding the sugar add the color. This is also how I make black MMF.

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 11:43pm
post #4 of 11

I have used Americolor electric pink, and it is great! I used it in the top tier of the sweet 16 diva cake in my photos.

EvMarie Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 11:53pm
post #5 of 11

Thanks guys!

I will try a small hunk of MMF with more Rose from Wilton. Just to see what I get - since I already have it. I MAY be able to get Americolor at the local bakery supply. She is just a small shop but can get most things from the larger store if I don't want to order online. I'll for sure try the Americolor rose and electric pink.

I appreciate your input!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 11:58pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdot

Have you tried electric pink? I use only the Americolor gels and they work awesome. Their rose one works good for a bright colored pink.

I agree, I use it them for teal and lime colors as well. I love those colors!

kakedreamer1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedreamer1212 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 12:11am
post #7 of 11

To get hot pink I just use the Wilton Rose color and use a lot of it. I just found out the hard way that Fuschia isnt really pink, its more of a purple color. It is actually pink and purple mixed together but tends to come out looking more purple to me. A lady brought me a boa feather to match her cake to that we both thought was fuschia but when I bought a fuschia color, it was to purple. I never did figure out the right color but the lady was very understanding. the fuschia I bought was Americolor but like I said, when mixed with fondant, just looked more purple to me.

Superbecky79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Superbecky79 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 3:06am
post #8 of 11

I love Americolor!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 3:12am
post #9 of 11

for fuschia - Americolor fuschia
for hot pink - Americolor electric pink

kakedreamer1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedreamer1212 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:12pm
post #10 of 11

I think I probably needed to get the Americolor electric pink to get the color I was trying to achieve. The sad thing is, I have to drive 60 or so miles to get the colors I need. Hard to do when you need something at the last minute.

EvMarie Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 11:40pm
post #11 of 11

I checked out the Americolor color chart...and the color I would go for would probably be electric pink...

I do see the difference between that and fuschia. Interesting. I never thought about it.

Thanks again to everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%