We Need A Serious Thread About Cake Muggle Requests

Decorating By cakesdivine Updated 20 Feb 2010 , 6:05am by wrightway777

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 6:05am
post #61 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

I always wonder if any of these customers have ever ordered a dessert in a restaurant: One serving is at least $4.

Where I live I get requests from both high-end and low-end clients, and it can be very hard to tell them apart. I recently had a request for an "Alice in Wonderland" wedding cake and I wanted to do it so badly that I quoted them less than I typically would have (notmuch less, but still). In the same breath I said that I would meet any price comparison... they instantly replied that my price was FAR better than any other quotes they recieved.

Next time I want to do a cake badly enough I will quote high and THEN tell them I will meet any price they find better icon_rolleyes.gif

It is really good to see this thread. I was supposed to have a consult today that got canceled at the last minute. I was all ready for it (215 people 4 tiered cake for about $625). I know shame on me - I even came down from my original price (after several phone calls and long e-mails) to this price. She e-mails back at last minute telling me "please dont kill me...blah...blah...we changed our budget and went a different route." I hate the wasted time that this causes! There should be a "you have no integrity you wasted my time" fee that we can charge.

Oh love your comment about plastic wilton flavored fondant...ha ha!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%