Llc Question For Nc

Business By sweetlayers Updated 1 Feb 2010 , 4:41pm by snarkybaker

sweetlayers Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 11

1. Did you have to get an EIN if it's just you working?

2. Also, what do you call yourself? Member? Partner? Owner? President?

10 replies
loriemoms Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlayers

1. Did you have to get an EIN if it's just you working?

2. Also, what do you call yourself? Member? Partner? Owner? President?

Yes, I still had to get an EIN and I call myself a Member.

cristina1438 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 3:24am
post #3 of 11

I live in NC and have a LLC. Yes, you get an EIN # & I am the Owner not a member. All my paperwork was done through my accountant & lawyer. They filled out my paperwork & filed them through the courts.

loriemoms Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristina1438

I live in NC and have a LLC. Yes, you get an EIN # & I am the Owner not a member. All my paperwork was done through my accountant & lawyer. They filled out my paperwork & filed them through the courts.

I agree completly...Have the pros help you! YOu should have a good accountant even before you open your doors...

snarkybaker Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 6:36pm
post #5 of 11

Also , LLC/EIN etc status has nothing to to with the state. It is all federal so if you have a cousin that is a CPA in Idaho, his answers will be more helpful than a cake decorator in NC.

sweetlayers Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 9:04pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkybaker

Also , LLC/EIN etc status has nothing to to with the state. It is all federal so if you have a cousin that is a CPA in Idaho, his answers will be more helpful than a cake decorator in NC.

OK, with this in mind, what special ID would I need for me as an employee in NC besides a state tax ID number?

snarkybaker Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 9:46pm
post #7 of 11

As and employee or an employer ? As an employee, you only need the same things you do everywhere- some proof of citizenship or work visa and a soc. sec. card.

As as employer- I would suggest you try paycycle.com. It creates all of the documents you need for each employee. If you are a small bakery it will cost you less than $30. a month to do payroll including direct deposit and e-filing your various taxes.

And your LLC or Corporate status has nothing to do with your obligations as an employer.

loriemoms Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 1:22pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:

As and employee or an employer ? As an employee, you only need the same things you do everywhere- some proof of citizenship or work visa and a soc. sec. card.

As as employer- I would suggest you try paycycle.com. It creates all of the documents you need for each employee. If you are a small bakery it will cost you less than $30. a month to do payroll including direct deposit and e-filing your various taxes.

And your LLC or Corporate status has nothing to do with your obligations as an employer.

OUr bank also offers this and the fee is about the same But gads, the paper work!

snarkybaker Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 4:28pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

Quote:

OUr bank also offers this and the fee is about the same But gads, the paper work!

When we opened we used our bank payroll services, but they end up being much more expensive because they not only charge the monthly dee, they charge a PER employee fee as well. We were paying about $200 a month for 20ish employees.

loriemoms Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 4:33pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

When we opened we used our bank payroll services, but they end up being much more expensive because they not only charge the monthly dee, they charge a PER employee fee as well. We were paying about $200 a month for 20ish employees.

Wow that is crazy!!! btw paycycle is run by intuit, who also is famous for little hidden fees. How are they on this site?

snarkybaker Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 4:41pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow that is crazy!!! btw paycycle is run by intuit, who also is famous for little hidden fees. How are they on this site?

We started using paycycle before they were bought by intuit, and the fees haven't changed. It costs us about $50 a month to do our payroll and file all of our tax forms. I put in about 2 hours a month on payroll now, vs. about 45 minutes when the bank did it, but I like having more control over when taxes are paid and when money comes out of my account.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%