Can Pink Bc Go Under White Mmf?

Decorating By MommaBay Updated 29 Jan 2010 , 6:28pm by MommaBay

MommaBay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaBay Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 9

Today is ice and decorate day.

I was wondering if I could use my fresh strawberry BC (no extra color added so it's light pink with the seeds) to go over the cake with under the MM Fondant or I had to use my white Vanilla BC?

The cake is being filled with the strawberry BC but just wasn't sure if I had to do white under the white fondant or the fondant was opaque enough to be able to hold a color underneath. I have only used white under white previously so I am just totally unsure.

I hope I made the question clear enough. Thanks in advance for your help! icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
11cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
11cupcakes Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 9

I think it's ok to use it.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 9

Yes.

MommaBay Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:11pm
post #4 of 9

thank you.. I was holding off filling because I didn't know what color to damn the layers in. The MMF will then have "polka dots" in bright colors all around so it should hide a little, right? icon_smile.gif

SO when would you NOT use a colored BC underneath a white fondant? When it's dark like chocolate?

LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:14pm
post #5 of 9

I covered chocolate in fondant as well. Hmmm, maybe when it's super bright neon yellow or green! icon_wink.gif

MommaBay Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:22pm
post #6 of 9

great to know - thank you! If you did chocolate before with white over... then I certainly feel better about my pale pink icon_smile.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:41pm
post #7 of 9

Oh yeah. I just roll a little thicker, like maybe between an 1/8-1/4, NOT 1/2" bigger. But for the strawberry, as thin as possible, like a 1/16-1/8.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:53pm
post #8 of 9

Lots of people cover their cake with chocolate ganache and cover cake with white fondant. I have done the ganache and it is fine - you do not see the chocolate. But as above posters stated you need to roll your fondant thicker.

I have also tinted my BC light pink and light mint green and covered with white fondant and there were no issues with bleeding or seeing the pink or green at all.

I would worry if I tinted my BC a very deep or dark color. But I would not be concerned if I was using chocolate BC as LaBella stated. I too think it is the dark or neon BC colors that would cause problems.

MommaBay Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 6:28pm
post #9 of 9

thank you VERY much! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%