Tilting Cake Stands

Decorating By Superbecky79 Updated 29 Jan 2010 , 1:16pm by Superbecky79

Superbecky79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Superbecky79 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:48am
post #1 of 7

Hello! I was wondering your opinion on cake decorating stands. I am taking the Wilton classes and they require me to get a turn table. I was wondering if I should invest in a tilting version?

What is your opinion? I've made cakes in the past and said it would be nice if I could tilt the cake, but now that I'm ready to purchase I'm not sure if the extra money is worth it.

Thank you!

6 replies
alene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:58am
post #2 of 7

Don't know about getting a tilting cake stand but if you are serious about cake decorating, go ahead and invest in a good one. I got the Wilton tilting stand when I took my classes about a year ago and I wish I would have gotten a better one at the time.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:07am
post #3 of 7

If you do decide on the wilton one, just get a 40% off coupon at michaels. Go there and just buy something small, then you'll get the coupon that can be used the next week. Viola, almost half off an expensive turntable.

That way if you end up in Alene's position a year from now you can tell yourself, at least I got it for almost half off!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:28am
post #4 of 7

Hi. I have two turntables..a short inexpensive one and the expensive tilting one. I HATE THE TILTING ONE !!! just wanted to make sure you heard that.... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

seriously, i always use the shorter cheaper one because the tilting one lists to the side no matter how much time i put into getting the cake as centered as possible on it. hth

sugarplumfairycanada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarplumfairycanada Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:37am
post #5 of 7

I have 2 wilton cake stands. One that is about 3 inches high and the tilting one. I never use the tilting one. I don't trust it's stability and I find it too tall. I used a michael's coupon but I wish I never bought it. icon_sad.gificon_sad.gifthumbsdown.gif

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:45am
post #6 of 7

I have a really good metal one, which is really great. But I also have just the cheapo Wilton one (non-tilting). If I am too lazy to bring up the heavy metal one I will just grab the Wilton cause it is stored in my cake tub. It does the job also. I prefer the metal good one but any turntable, even one from the kitchen section at Target/Kmart will do the job till you decide if you want to invest in a better, more expensive one. The tilting one gets pretty bad reviews on CC though.

Superbecky79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Superbecky79 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:16pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you for the reviews! You just saved me some money!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%