Can Anyone Give Me Advice On Using Pettinice

Decorating By ayerim979 Updated 29 Jan 2010 , 1:54am by ayerim979

ayerim979 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:16am
post #1 of 5

Well I went on a hunt today looking for Fondarific fondant, and well I ended up getting pettinice instead.

I dont want to open the package yet but I just want to know if I can go ahead and add cornstarch or PS to still if up a lil, seems too soft or is that how its suppose to be?

Also can I color it okay?

I know that I should of asked in the supply store but I didn't go alone icon_cry.gif (had my babys with me; wicjh I love them to death but would prefered to have gone alone) and after my 35 min drive and my 5 min trying to get them settled in the stroller . As soon as I walk in the little one does his business and well OMG !!! I had to run out of there, the place is not huge and .........you know I was afraid to get kicked out lol !!!

So please if someone can give me any tips I would appreciate it.

4 replies
ChucKles Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:48am
post #2 of 5

All i ever use is Pettinice, thats what is most accessable to me. It is soft but i have never had any problems with it being too soft iykwim?
It colours fine, i mostly use pastes but it works fine with gels too.
I havent ever used Fonderific (sp?) so i dont know what to compare it to, but if you wanted to stiffen it up i would use icing sugar instead of corn flour as corn flour has the tendency to dry things out.

leah_s Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:49am
post #3 of 5

PettinIce is just like any other commercial fondant. No different at all. Add ps or cs to stiffen it up, but I doubt you'll want to. I roll on the counter with a thin film of veg shortening. Takes color fine.

Really, it's no different from any other brand. Or not different enough to notice.

jenmat Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:54am
post #4 of 5

ok leah_s hikacking here, but how many people have commented on the new pic? You and indy are going to have to have a spatula vrs whisk war to the death!

ayerim979 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:54am
post #5 of 5

Well thank you ladies very much. I actually cant wait to use it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%