Cake Contest Ideas...??

Decorating By sweet12 Updated 29 Jan 2010 , 1:51am by sweet12

sweet12 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 9:56pm
post #1 of 6

[/b]I have just been asked to participate in a local contest to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness. All proceeds are going to research. The rules of the contest are there has to be 'chocolate'--easy to do because i can make the cake chocolate--and it has to be home-made, nothing store bought etc...

So, i was thinking because its for Breast Cancer Awareness and its being held as a 'Valentines Day' Benefit i draw a blank to include the symbols or even the words 'breast cancer awareness' in a cake...??

Any ideas from anyone to help me in creating a cake?? I have looked on this site for some 'ideas' but i dont see anything for Breast Cancer Awareness.

Thanks for your support! I was thinking in my own thoughts a 'candy box' theme because its part for Valentines Day and then use the Breast Cancer Ribbon somewhere--but im not sure where, unless i put a name tag dangling off the cake kind of like a keychain with the pink ribbon of awareness...?? Would that look tacky?

5 replies
jenng1482 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 6

What about using your candy box idea but with the box lid partially open and the "candies" inside are the pink ribbon?

momtofourmonkeys Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:27pm
post #3 of 6

Wow, what a great cause! What about doing a 2 tier heart shaped cake or even one tier covered in either red or white with fondant sillouettes (sp?) of cupid shooting his arrow to the pink breast cancer ribbon. Hmmm... anyone else with any ideas?

Win Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 6

This was my Breast Cancer Awareness cake. I used hearts in the panels and labeled each one with one of the keywords often seen in relation to the Fight: hope, prayer, faith, family, friends...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1425673

sweet12 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:47am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win

This was my Breast Cancer Awareness cake. I used hearts in the panels and labeled each one with one of the keywords often seen in relation to the Fight: hope, prayer, faith, family, friends...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1425673

Wow, that cake is beautiful!! Thanks for showing me and giving me some ideas!

sweet12 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:51am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone for your ideas--i have a 'vision' now that i was seeking help for! I will post the cake when im finished...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%