Cream Cheese

Decorating By agconner Updated 28 Jan 2010 , 10:02pm by agconner

agconner Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 8

So a few weeks ago my boyfriend brought home an order for me to do. The cake is for tomorrow night. I did not pay attention when he handed me the paper I just put it in this weeks folder. When I pulled that paper out this morning it for a cake with cream cheese icing and they want a basket wave, morning I would never do this since the cream cheese is so soft but I feel I have to know since its only the day before. How much of a pain in the butt is this gonna be? I have never even attempted to decorate in cream cheese.

7 replies
prterrell Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 8

I assume they want cream cheese icing for the filling, too? If so, do the filling w/ regular cream cheese icing. Then, for the basket weave, mix the cream chese icing with decorator's frosting (ps + shortening), equal amounts of both icings. This should allow you to do the basket weave. It will be a bit softer and gooey than regular frosting, so only fill the piping bag with a small amount (about a cup) of icing at a time and keep the rest in the fridge while you work, refilling the bag with the refrigerated icing.

HTH!

icer101 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 8:00pm
post #3 of 8

toneda..c/cer has a stable cream cheese icing on her website.. designmeacake.com... so does earlenescakes.com.. i have tried both.. both are very good.. but. then .i would use regular cream cheese icing for filling.. done this also.. very good.. then the cream cheese icing with the butter.. cream cheese. and crisco. will make a beautiful basket weave..

agconner Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 8

thanks!

agconner Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 8

Can you color cream cheese frosting?....I really need to start paying attention to orders that I dont take myself icon_confused.gif

prterrell Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 8:19pm
post #6 of 8

Yes, you can color it.

djs328 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 8:29pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by agconner

Can you color cream cheese frosting?....I really need to start paying attention to orders that I dont take myself icon_confused.gif

Yup. I do it all the time! Have done pink, purple, blue, even red-red! I also pipe with it all the time. (I prefer it to buttercream, in terms of taste) Just add enough PS to make it stiff enough to hold shape, but not so stiff you get carpal tunnel after 1/2 the cake! icon_smile.gif

Off topic: I see you are in SoMD...do you have a shop? Curious, b/c I have family down there, and I'm too far to make stuff for them unless we are visiting!
icon_cool.gif

agconner Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:02pm
post #8 of 8

I do not have a shop, I just work out of my house, but I will take orders from anyone if your family ever needs something yummy. My e-mail is listed on here, but it not it is [email protected]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%