Seriously Things Are Going From Bad To Worse!

Decorating By tirby Updated 19 Sep 2013 , 6:59pm by StoverCompany

tirby Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 9

ok so I have had a VERY rough week and today I go to buy my Hi-Ratio from the ONLY food supply place in town and geuss what... THEY DON"T CARRY IT NOW! NOW what?? They had a 50 lb of Ventura but I do not think it is the same they tried to sell me a 50lb box of the one for deep fat frying?!?! ok so I am totally stressed I just spent 40 bucks on this HOPING it would work. I think it is like the regular old crisco when it had trans fat but NOW it's gonn be greasy!

OH now breath.. Where online is the most affordable place to get Hi-Ratio? I would like to get 25- 50 lbs if a can......

If the ventura will work great IF NOT I have not openend it so I could return it maybe???? OH PLEASE does any one know if it will be ok or where I should get more?? I have weddings coming and I am freaking out!

8 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 9:39pm
post #2 of 9

I highly recommend f o n d a n t s o u r c e.com (take out the spaces).

They sell Sweetex (DON"T get the Sweetex-Z as it has no trans fats). Put in cakecentral as a discount code for 10% off at checkout.

I have always had great service from them.

HTH
Rae

tiggy2 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 9:47pm
post #3 of 9
BlakesCakes Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 9

Yep, but there's some question as to whether or not you need a business account or minimum purchase in order to purchase from them.

I don't have a business account, or tax number, so I haven't even tried to purchase from Stover.

With fondantsource, anyone can buy at any time.

I'm very fortunate to live in a place where I can walk up to a bakery supply business at any time and purchase a 50# cube for less than $60...

Rae

tirby Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

Yep, but there's some question as to whether or not you need a business account or minimum purchase in order to purchase from them.

I don't have a business account, or tax number, so I haven't even tried to purchase from Stover.

With fondantsource, anyone can buy at any time.

I'm very fortunate to live in a place where I can walk up to a bakery supply business at any time and purchase a 50# cube for less than $60...

Rae

I am a small buisness... but the minimum purchase might be a problem..
Any one else know the details on that

tirby Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:23pm
post #6 of 9

Over $80 OMG wow I was Lucky when I could buy it here for $50....Oh I need to keep looking that is a lot

JanH Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:38pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:

Wow, you are lucky. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Just checked the site you recommended and OMG, it's a good thing I was sitting down...

Shipping to SD is $111.82 icon_eek.gificon_mad.gif

However, if ordered through their Ebay store, shipping is ONLY $43.83 - still high but not CRAZY!!!

Here's the link if anyone else is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sweetex-High-Ratio-Shortening-50-lbs_W0QQitemZ200365112203QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCookware_Bakeware?hash=item2ea6b0fb8b

HTH

tirby Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:41pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

Quote:

Wow, you are lucky. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Just checked the site you recommended and OMG, it's a good thing I was sitting down...

Shipping to SD is $111.82 icon_eek.gificon_mad.gif

However, if ordered through Ebay store, it's only $43.83 - still high but not CRAZY!!!

Here's the link if anyone else is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sweetex-High-Ratio-Shortening-50-lbs_W0QQitemZ200365112203QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCookware_Bakeware?hash=item2ea6b0fb8b

HTH

Thanks for the link I will be checking into it... I am hoping to get a hold of someone at the stovercompany tomorrow. I am Pacific time so if any one can call sooner than me PLEASE post info on their policy for minimum order and such!! Thanks.

StoverCompany Posted 19 Sep 2013 , 6:59pm
post #9 of 9

Hello Everyone,

I just launched the new Stover & Co website.

www.stovercompany.com

You do not need a business ID or tax ID to order from us.  We carry the best selection of baking products on the net.  We are also offering Free Shipping on Satin Ice and Fondarific

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%