Cooling Cakes?

Decorating By mommix3 Updated 29 Jan 2010 , 4:41am by 6cakes

mommix3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommix3 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 9

how long should I leave the cake in the pan before I try to remove it? I don't want it to stick. I am absolutely clueless on this cake stuff so ANY suggestions on cake cooling that you can give me is appreciated.

the pans that I will be using are wilton round pans. I will be placing parchment paper in the bottom of the pans to help release them I was given that tip when I made the last cake almost a year ago..

thanks
Angela

8 replies
dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 9

Generally, I let my cakes rest about 10 minutes or so before I remove them to a cooling rack.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 9

I dump mine 5-10 mins after coming out of the oven.

ntrpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntrpi Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 9

I use parchment paper on the bottom of my pans too. For the sides of the pan I use a generous coating of Crisco. I've left cakes (accidentally) in their pans for hours and never had a problem with sticking.

Superbecky79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Superbecky79 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:55am
post #5 of 9

I take mine out as soon as I can touch the pan without burning myself. Normally 10 minutes?

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:13am
post #6 of 9

10 minutes. I set a timer.

cohen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cohen1 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:28am
post #7 of 9

I take mine out asap. I take it out, then put a piece of foil on the bottom of the inside of the pan, put it back on the cake and flip it back over. then I cover it with foil, set it on the rack and let it cool.
I dont open it again until it is cooled and I am ready to decorate, which is either later that night or the next morning.

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:37am
post #8 of 9

I do parchment in the bottom like you also. I set a timer for 10 min then remove and haven't had any problems. Knock on wood. Not sure what happens if you wait longer cause I set a timer so I don't forget about it.

6cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
6cakes Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:41am
post #9 of 9

I use Cake Release on my pans. When finished baking, I set my pan on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes. I then dump my cake onto cooling rack with a paper towel on my rack to prevent sticking to my rack.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%