"behind" Cake Help

Decorating By jennbrownrigg Updated 1 Feb 2010 , 11:23pm by Tee-Y

jennbrownrigg Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 5

I plan on doing a small little cake for my brother in law that looks like a 'bum' with a pretty little thong or something. I've never done a cake like this. This is just going to be a tiny cake as I'm doing another one that is the 'real' cake.

I don't have the miniball pan and since I left it to last minute, I of course can't find one. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this cake right? Maybe a heart shaped cake with cupcakes to make the 'cheeks'??

Any help would be appreciated!

4 replies
peg818 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 8:15pm
post #2 of 5

do you have a couple of small oven safe bowls that you could make the cheeks in?

I have only made one of these cakes and i used the sports ball pan not filled all the way, and placed it on a sheet cake with a little carving it was a very easy cake to do.

RetiredNavyChief Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 8:21pm
post #3 of 5

thats what i would do, get a couple of small over shaped bowls. Corel is oven safe, or oh that galssware, i cant think of the name right now. Cut a slice off each side so they fit together and ice that puppy, should give you the cheek look.

icer101 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 5

i have several pix saved. one was posted last week.. by..morganacake... hers is great.. she used a heart pan. there was a thread on this last week... you might want to find that also and read different views on how they did it. look up the use morganacake .. and see hers.

Tee-Y Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 11:23pm
post #5 of 5

Though my bum cake was large it can be done on a smaller scale.I used 2 heart pans,on on top of the other to give height and room to carve out the butt cheeks.You can see it in my pictures.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%